News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Remove moderator from board

Started by xB420WA, July 15, 2014, 05:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xB420WA

kinderd i know just leave it and tell me the code

kat

Tisot... You're not listening...

What you want to do is pointless, other than a tiny bit of eye-candy, for you, perhaps.

It's also likely to break things, which is why you're being advised not to do it.

Which is why, too, people aren't telling you how.

If you REALLY want to break everything, go ahead. But, do you really expect us to help you to do it (Knowing you'll only come back and ask someone to fix it)? I doubt that's gonna happen...

It's rather like you saying "I've found this yellow stuff. If I put it on my face, it'll look great! Help me, would you?" and, even though we know it's sulphuric acid, we paint it on.

xB420WA

first of all i already say sorry to him because i didn't knew that it code will only apply for "Default Administrator" i thought it will apply for all Primary Groups after i put wrong coding in load then its damaged and i getting php errors in my forums it doesn't work then i get new load file from SMF 2.0.8 and put in "Source" then it working good! but i want that "if any Primary Group is Mod of any board then don't show "Moderator" group name or "Stars" just show group Name or Stars, i just want coding cuz haven't know about php coding i am just know bit of web designing! not this!!!!! so plz it is request to you Kinderd help me, before this post you help me very much once again i thanks you.

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on July 15, 2014, 09:02:29 PM
If they have admin powers, there is no need to make them a moderator. Period.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Justyne

This might not be entirely what you want, but you can put the mod stars and badges on and make the admin stars/bar one that is always shown. That way it would bouble with moderator and you'd at least be able to see both rather than just one.

I get why you want the admin as mod. Sometimes its useful to make a public assignment of responsibility for members to see so they know who to contact on a particular matter.

Just offering this as it might be a compromise for you.

If you want a screenshot of what that can look like I can grab one from my community.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Justyne

Click to enlarge.

And a mod who is also an admin versus a regular mod. We have our admins show with their name instead of something saying "admin" but I am sure you get the idea.

xB420WA

nah not like this
Quote from: Tisot on July 15, 2014, 05:59:49 PM
Like this

I am mod of this board

and i want like this only for admins!

xB420WA

i can say my group ids to remove moderator name and stars from there but if any one help me!

Justyne

I understand what you want, but quite frankly without major editing that is not possible as it just doesn't work with the way SMF is built.

I was trying to offer you something that might achieve similar functionality without having to rip apart your board's guts.

Truth is, if you can't code this yourself its unlikely anybody else will as its a lot of code to write for a minor cosmetical thing that most users of the software will never encounter.

xB420WA

look at this:
Quote from: ‽ on July 15, 2014, 06:13:06 PM
I have been trying to help you by telling you the *best* route to dealing with this because SMF wasn't designed to work the way you want it to!

If you truly must insist on messing with the code because you won't take the best (faster, smarter, more reliable) solution for this problem, find this code in the middle of Sources/Load.php:
foreach ($temp_mods as $id)
{
// By popular demand, don't show admins or global moderators as moderators.
if ($user_profile[$id]['id_group'] != 1 && $user_profile[$id]['id_group'] != 2)
$user_profile[$id]['member_group'] = $row['member_group'];

// If the Moderator group has no color or stars, but their group does... don't overwrite.
if (!empty($row['stars']))
$user_profile[$id]['stars'] = $row['stars'];
if (!empty($row['member_group_color']))
$user_profile[$id]['member_group_color'] = $row['member_group_color'];
}

And change it:
foreach ($temp_mods as $id)
{
// By popular demand, don't show admins or global moderators as moderators.
if ($user_profile[$id]['id_group'] != 1 && $user_profile[$id]['id_group'] != 2)
$user_profile[$id]['member_group'] = $row['member_group'];

// If the Moderator group has no color or stars, but their group does... don't overwrite.
if (!empty($row['stars']) && $user_profile[$id]['id_group'] != 1 && $user_profile[$id]['id_group'] != 2)
$user_profile[$id]['stars'] = $row['stars'];
if (!empty($row['member_group_color']) && $user_profile[$id]['id_group'] != 1 && $user_profile[$id]['id_group'] != 2)
$user_profile[$id]['member_group_color'] = $row['member_group_color'];
}

but its Apply for Default Administrator not other Groups if think that it possible to make then ask me to tell my SMF Forums Primary Group ID

xB420WA

sO you guys not going to help me k not problem

kat

It's the weekend... A lot of people aren't here, much, over the weekend.

Patience is a virtue and all that... ;)

Arantor

Not just that but we have a serious refusal to help when the person doesn't want to listen to what's being suggested even when multiple SMF experts are saying the same thing.

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: K@ on July 19, 2014, 10:21:12 AM
It's the weekend... A lot of people aren't here, much, over the weekend.

Patience is a virtue and all that... ;)

Quote from: ‽ on July 19, 2014, 01:15:06 PM
Not just that but we have a serious refusal to help when the person doesn't want to listen to what's being suggested even when multiple SMF experts are saying the same thing.

Advertisement: