What's the point?

Started by Steve, July 16, 2014, 04:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

What's the point of the test board here?

Twice now I've started a thread trying to figure something out and twice now it's been deleted after I asked a question, people responded and before I got to see the answers. And both times by the same person.

So what's the point?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Dragooon

To.....test the board? Like...what did you expect?

Illori

it is a test board so anyone/everyone can see how some of the features of smf work. if you want a thread to stick around then maybe you need your own test install to test on where you have control over when threads get deleted.

Kindred

and, IIRC< the test board is auto cleaned, regularly...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Quote from: Kindred on July 16, 2014, 04:20:33 PM

It doesn't even need auto cleaning. The fact that everyone has delete powers pretty much guarantees it will be house cleaned periodically because some people are simply ****s to one another. A rather neat form of moderation, actually.

As a rule if you have a question pertaining to SMF behaviour, please ask in the relevant support board. Someone will be able to tell you if you're doing it wrong or what should be happening.

Illori

i dont know of any mod we have installed to do that and smf does not have a feature to auto delete threads that i know of.

Arantor

There's a mod for auto deletion of threads. (I wrote it ;D) But it's not installed here.

Deaks

Quote from: Illori on July 16, 2014, 04:25:33 PM

i dont know of any mod we have installed to do that and smf does not have a feature to auto delete threads that i know of.

manually?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Arantor

* ‽ points to his earlier post on the subject of well documented user moderation of test boards.

Deaks

Steve, if you want to ask a general question not support related ask in chit chat not test board where every registered user can delete, edit etc posts
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Steve

Okies ... mine was a bbcode question and I didn't really think it belonged in the support or templates sections so I guess I didn't know where to ask it. Thanks. :)

Arantor

Discussion over bbcode behaviour is a support issue in my book and I would quite happily answer it as such.

Justyne

Quote from: Steve on July 16, 2014, 04:32:35 PM
Okies ... mine was a bbcode question and I didn't really think it belonged in the support or templates sections so I guess I didn't know where to ask it. Thanks. :)

steve,

I did write your answer... assuming it stays up long enough for you to see.

glow=1,2,3

where 1 is colour, 2 is strength of the glow, and 3 is width.

Or at least it is supposed to be.

2 and 3 seem to make no odds in chrome. I think it might only work in IE.. but I've not checked.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Arantor

Glow doesn't work properly in most browsers, hasn't for some time.

Steve

That's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you Justyne and ‽. :)

Advertisement: