2.0.7 to 2.0.8 upgraded now site runs slow and crashes

Started by Mark S, July 17, 2014, 01:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark S

R

Kindred

there is no need to update the database version --   the database has not been altered/touched since before 2.0.4

What do you mean by - the 2.0.7 "fix" link?
If you installed 2.0.8, there is no need for any 2.0.7 fix...

there is nothing in the upgrade that should be slowing down your pages....  I am running 2.0.8 (upgraded by patch) one 6 sites... none of which have any issues with speed.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

In fact, the way 2.0.8 works it should be faster than 2.0.7, if only by a tiny amount.

Mark S

I

Arantor

Kindred

WTF?

I don't think that you are reading things...

either that - or you are not describing your problem accurately.

You already installed the 2.0.8 patch... yes?
It was successfully installed... yes?

If it did not successfully install, then why did you continue with the installation in the first place?

If it did successfully install then the stuff your linked to HAS NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on your situation.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mark S

"WTF?:  Where do you get off talking to people like this?

Arantor

Mark S

I

Arantor

Mark S

I

Kindred

Once again... you seem to have MISSED THE POINT!!!!!

If 2.0.8 installed correctly the first time, with no errors, then YOU DID NOT HAVE THE "bad" version of 2.0.7 and all of this commentary has been wasting bandwidth because the 2.0.7 "fix; IS NOT RELATED TO YOUR ISSUES AT ALL (and will ALWAYS "fail" if you try to apply it, because the code that it is looking to "fix" is not broken in the first palce.

Слaва
Украинi

Mark S

Stay off my posts, I don't want or need your arrogant responses.  Especially since, once again, you're choosing to ignore WTF I told you.  THAT'S what's wasting bandwidth.

Illori

~ Phåråoh ~ if you dont want to listen to those that know more then you do, then you are welcome to go elsewhere for support. you have been told what has to be done to fix your problem and you dont want to listen. also it is a really bad idea to uninstall a security release and run a prior version when there are security patches involved.

Kindred

well luckily for him there is no security involved between 2.0.7 and 2.0.8

However...

Quote from: ~ Phåråoh ~ on July 17, 2014, 11:51:39 PM
Especially since, once again, you're choosing to ignore WTF I told you.

Pot - kettle?  wow....

here's what you have told us.
You were running 2.0.7
you installed the 2.0.8 patch, successfully.
You had some sort of issue with speeds...
you uninstalled the 2.0.8 patch
you looked around the forum here and saw something referring to a "bad" version of 2.0.7 and decided that was your problem...
but the 2.0.7 "fix" failed in all tests when you tried to apply it
You came here with a bunch of preconceived notions about what is wrong and what you had to do to fix things... and have so far ignored and insulted anyone ho has tried to help.

how's that?  did I miss anything? did I ignore anything?

I will say this one more time.

the 2.0.7 version that you were/are running does not need the "fix".
Ok... maybe once more.
because 2.0.8 installed successfully the first time you applied it, you were not running the "bad" version of 2.0.7 and anything that you see regarding the "fix" or comments about that variation are useless, pointless and not related to your situation.

Have I gotten through to you yet?

Now that we have, hopefully, cleared that up, let's take a look at what might actually be causing your problems?

1- there is nothing in 2.0.8 which should cause a slowdown like that.
2- therefore, there is something else going on in your system
3- What mods are you running?
4- Are you running anything else on the same server?
5- URL?
Слaва
Украинi

Mark S

Arantor

So you give irrelevant questions and get irrelevant answers.

Deaks

~ Phåråoh ~, being aggressive isnt really helping you is it.

I have read this topic a few times, their is nothing in the patch that will slow down your site, can I suggest that you re-install 2.0.8 and monitor the situation, from my checks their are other websites on same server you are on, it could been that another site was being hit?  Also is it only you that is running slow for?  In all honesty unless you update we cant assist you better as their is nothing in the code that will cause a slow site so it does come from your side, and if you do as I ask we can try provide some assistance.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Mark S

I'm not accepting the rude and ignorant treatment.  If that is "aggressive", what would you call starting a message to someone with "WFT"  and "Have I gotten through to you yet?"  qualify as?  Especially coming from someone who proclaims themselves as "The Mean One".

Arantor

That sort of response is usually reserved for people who managed to start off with some bizarre leap of logic that doesn't make sense.

For the record, the whole going back from 2.0.8 to 2.0.7 was completely unnecessary and I just agreed with you to defuse the tension. My actual reaction was much closer to Kindred's, in fact.

Advertisement: