BACKUP Database problem

Started by Ricky000, July 17, 2014, 01:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky000

I created new database few times and selecting ISO-8859-6. while uploading but still uploading as latin1_swedish_ci now i have no idea why and only uploading 1 table ..

The image below is what am selecting and its not coming up with any message after importing...

Ricky000

Arantor

latin1_swedish_ci should be fine.

What I don't get is why it's only processing one table, since there should be no reason for it to stop there.

Ricky000

Yeah trried few times and with new database and still not importing it all...

Ricky000

Arantor

Well, if you have a stock SMF backup and all you changed were TYPE to ENGINE I see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't work, which makes me wonder if something else got broken in the process.

Ricky000

The files was fixed by Justyne because it wasn't importing into the database at the beginning ... after it uploaded successfull but i used to get my text as ????? because it is arabic i tried to upload it as UTF now i get blanks and tried ISO i get only 1 table uploaded

Justyne

Wait a minute. I never gave you a fixed version.

I did tell you how to fix your own version though.

Maybe, we misunderstood each other?

I didn't want to give you a file as I wasn't sure on the encoding, and my editor would have broken it.

Have a look in your PM history if you still have it. If not I'll send you what to do again.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Ricky000

Yes I know what you mean i did what you said to me and it imported successfully with no errors i thought this will be the fixed file i mean since it imported successfully by trying your way.

If its possible for you to fix the file and send it to me through PM ... i know i have been asking for too much but i really need this file to work PLEASE thanks

Justyne

I can give it a try later on, but I am not sure I know any more than you do at this point.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Krash on July 17, 2014, 03:02:19 PM
Quote from: Ricky000 on July 17, 2014, 04:59:10 AM
i backed up the database using smf maintenance tab

If you backed up with the admin db backup feature, the backup may be corrupt.

How large is the backup file?  There might not be anything in it but the one table.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Ricky000

Quote from: Krash on July 30, 2014, 01:25:38 PM
Quote from: Krash on July 17, 2014, 03:02:19 PM
Quote from: Ricky000 on July 17, 2014, 04:59:10 AM
i backed up the database using smf maintenance tab

If you backed up with the admin db backup feature, the backup may be corrupt.

How large is the backup file?  There might not be anything in it but the one table.

I have more than one table because it imports everything if i use utf8 but with blank no arabic text so i guess its not from it

Arantor

But is the database you've created also actually set to Arabic?

Ricky000

I have no idea what you mean by that i exported it from smf maintenance tab and my forum was arabic so i guess its set to arabic?

Advertisement: