Team Badges

Started by Ninja ZX-10RR, July 17, 2014, 04:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Marketing team? Wtf? You were "localizer" that I have no idea of what that means nor I could find a proper explanation... Then "On hiatus" and now "Marketing"... WTF? >.< This is confusing, mate.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Localiser: someone who manages and oversees translations and other matters concerning getting it suitable for a specific language or cultural group.

Kindred

and now he's on marketing.

why should someone not be able to take a break (go on hiatus) or change focus on where he/she wants to spend time doing team work?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ninja ZX-10RR

Because if a guy changes membergroup like 3 times in a month it *IS* confusing, Kindred. This is not my opinion this is objectively confusing, one day I see him with something and another one with something else then again more? Confusing.
And thanks Peter for the explanation even though that role is still unclear to me.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

how is it confusing?

He's still wearing a team badge and he's still posting and coding same as always...   do you get confused if your co-worker wears a different shirt to work?

and localizers are responsible for the folks who are Native language support, language moderators and translators and are particularly responsible for maintaining the translation packs.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ninja ZX-10RR

I give up Kindred, you are not getting my point and you answered something totally different...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

No, we get it, we just firmly don't agree. If someone changes their badge, it doesn't really matter too much to regular community members unless that badge is to go grey and become an SMF Friend.

Deaks

even at that few people care
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Arantor

Depends which team they were going from and how popular they were, I guess.

Deaks

for you yes ... but most people really care aslong as the software works and they get an answer when needed ...
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Ninja ZX-10RR

This topic has been first moved to test board, then splitted, then again here. Makes me sad, also I don't get the Illori's edit to my first post. If that was for the wtf written in caps well there were two and there are thousands of them around here. I don't know, I don't wanna know, to hell with this, I'm done for today, this site makes me angry some times, and it's the only one.
Goodnight.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Illori

you know people can make mistakes, and can take time to fix them correctly.

Irisado

The discussion was off topic for the 2.0.8 release topic.  If you wanted to raise issues about team badges, it comes under site queries, which is what this board is for, that's why it was split and moved.  Your topic was edited to change the title, nothing else.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Ninja ZX-10RR

An earlier explanation for it would have been MUCH more appreciated and way more kind, thank you, Irisado and Illori, but for today it's more than enough. Thanks again, goodnight.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

However... that implies that anyone is due explanations for anything. The badge a person has is basically the team's business, not ours.

Deaks

Flavio if a team member feels like he or she would work better elsewhere then they can request a change, if both leads say yes then it happens (I cant think of anytime where a no has been said).
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: