Profiles cause errors after server move

Started by Posie, October 09, 2005, 09:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Posie

Due to bandwidth constraints I'm looking to move my current forum.  I have downloaded the current forum folder and uploaded it to the new site.  I have used the create_backup.php to create a backup of the current database and restored the new database using restore_backup.php.  I've also repaired the settings and all the user accounts and posts are as they should be.  The current theme works fine too.  However certain functions will not work and give a page not found error.  They are:

Clicking on any profile or trying to change my own profile
Installing Packages
Find and repair any errors

The old server is running on the following:
Current SMF version: SMF 1.1 RC1
PHP version: 4.3.4
MySQL version: 4.0.24_Debian-10

The new server is:
Current SMF version: SMF 1.1 RC1
PHP version: 4.3.3RC1
MySQL version: 4.0.18

Will this be causing my problems?  I'm afraid this is my first forum and I have no experience with php or MySQL.  Any advice would be most appreciated.

xenovanis

Link to your forum? Are you sure all files were uploaded properly?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Posie

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Posie

I can actually see the page on the pc I am currently using, but not the laptop for some reason.  I checked the files and they are all there and of the correct size.  I decided to bite the bullet and purchase hosting.  I repeated the same process and uploaded the same files yet everything works beautifully.  I tried re-uploading the files to the site referenced above and I get the same errors.

Thank you for your time however the new host is serving my users just fine :)  I am a little curious as to what the problem is however I think I'll just move on

xenovanis

Must be something with the server configuration. I tried on three different computers and all I saw was a white page. Well, good luck with your forum and your new host.  ;)

Advertisement: