News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Child boards - just wondering

Started by Auke, July 19, 2014, 08:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justyne

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on July 22, 2014, 12:07:14 AM
Unknown? I have a bad opinion of the guy. He founded SMF so if he thinks that the team is so bad why the heck did HE put the team in that place? Also, why throwing crap on it? Destructive and pointless, again. Meh.
Hope you will find a pacific solution despite I know you will not :(

Which clearly proves you don't know [Unknown] very well and overestimate his power in things that happened. I'd be very careful with that judgement.

Also, Jeff and Joseph founded the project.

I agree on negativity in general - at least with the purpose of antagonising in mind. But there is that and being honest which is what the project needs. We need to be able to talk to each other about the things that are not working. A cheerful veneer is no good if it is covering up broken communication processes.

However, I do know someone here who likes to antagonise just a teeny, tiny hint too much. I shall slap him with wet fish the next time. XD
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Arantor

Or indeed what he actually said, which I deliberately didn't quote because that would have inflamed things even more.

I don't like to antagonise, my blood pressure certainly would prefer I didn't. But all the time I complain, I still care. When I stop complaining then you know there's a problem.

Justyne

* gets out a wet fish and aims at ‽

Kinda the point I was trying to make here, you know. XD

Arantor

*shrug* I've invested as much time into SMF as anyone, more than most. And it kills me to see what's going on. But the more time goes on the more I keep thinking I've been backing the wrong horse all this time and you know I'm good at self doubt. This just feeds it more.

Antes

Quote from: ‽ on July 22, 2014, 10:05:10 AM
*shrug* I've invested as much time into SMF as anyone, more than most. And it kills me to see what's going on. But the more time goes on the more I keep thinking I've been backing the wrong horse all this time and you know I'm good at self doubt. This just feeds it more.

You're obsessed, you need professional help. SMF eating you, you are eating us.

Arantor

I dare not get professional help. There are places even I fear to tread.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Justyne on July 22, 2014, 09:23:29 AM
Unknown? I have a bad opinion of the guy. He founded SMF so if he thinks that the team is so bad why the heck did HE put the team in that place? Also, why throwing crap on it? Destructive and pointless, again. Meh.

Which clearly proves you don't know [Unknown] very well and overestimate his power in things that happened. I'd be very careful with that judgement.

I agree on negativity in general - at least with the purpose of antagonising in mind. But there is that and being honest which is what the project needs. We need to be able to talk to each other about the things that are not working. A cheerful veneer is no good if it is covering up broken communication processes.

However, I do know someone here who likes to antagonise just a teeny, tiny hint too much. I shall slap him with wet fish the next time. XD
Which clearly proves that I DID my researches and KNOW what he did and what he used to do - he was Arantor-like as he was the profile nr2 and answering every single topic.
That's the reason why I said that he had been destructive. Why leaving your creation in the hands of people that you don't think they could be capable of handling it in any way? This could be applied to Jeff and Joseph, I really don't get some of their reasons.
Quote antes as regards Pete, by the way. It seems that you are pretty much obsessed :/
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Justyne

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on July 22, 2014, 02:13:43 PM
Quote from: Justyne on July 22, 2014, 09:23:29 AM

Which clearly proves that I DID my researches and KNOW what he did and what he used to do - he was Arantor-like as he was the profile nr2 and answering every single topic.
That's the reason why I said that he had been destructive. Why leaving your creation in the hands of people that you don't think they could be capable of handling it in any way? This could be applied to Jeff and Joseph, I really don't get some of their reasons.
Quote antes as regards Pete, by the way. It seems that you are pretty much obsessed :/

Urgh, this post is really frustrating to read. You would have had to be there. Sure, there was something destructive about the way [Unknown] cared for the project towards the end of his tenure, but it also made this project what it was in the first place. And what Jeff and Joseph accomplished was extraordinary. The reasons why they are not here anymore are complex, personal and really not something we should judge anyone on or go into. You talk like who made the team was a single person's decision. It never worked that way. However, despite that, thinking others incapable was never [Unknown]'s reason for being everywhere. That is only a perception. 

Ninja ZX-10RR

Then let it be a perception. Personally I judge myself for anyone I let in my team. Private life and complex reasons are just "bla-bla-bla" to me, sorry to say it huh. Actions count. He made almost 40k posts and quitted almost from one day to another.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Antes

This topic is now way off... locking

Advertisement: