News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Redirects not working after server move

Started by catbird2, July 19, 2014, 10:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catbird2

We are running a basic SMF 1.1.19 and recently moved servers. Since then, we have had trouble with redirects not working. Two engineers at our hosting site have been working on this for over 8 hours. They have managed to fix the redirects that take the user back after posting, but not the redirects after login or log out. They have tried reconfiguring with at least two different versions of Apache, but this did not fix the problem.

In addition, these errors will not write to the forum error log.

Their suggestion was that I contact the software developer.

Any thoughts or solutions? Thanks for your help.

tchmoforums.com

Arantor

What redirects, exactly?

What isn't redirecting to what? Or is there some redirect that should be happening but isn't?

catbird2

Here is what I said in my previous post, rephrased:

When a post is made, and the post button is clicked, it should redirect to the topic index of that board.

When a person logs in or logs out, it should redirect to the board index after the login.

Neither of these happens. Instead, it hangs up with a message about sever configuration, which the hosting support has worked on for hours without resolution.

Kindred

1- URL?
2- mods installed?
3- how are you making posts or logging out? From the standard ways or via some custom script?
4- why do you think that the logout or login should redirect to the boardindex?
5- what is the EXACT error message "about server configuration"?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

catbird2

1. hxxp:itchmoforums.com [nonactive] (as was in first post)

2. No mods. Have been using this for 5+ years. Took it over from someone else.

3. Standard, not custom script

4. Login/logout have always redirected to the board index before

5. Error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.27 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.27 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at hxxp:itchmoforums.com [nonactive] Port 80

Kindred

Worry, I missed the URL because it wasn't an actual link... My fault.

Internal server error...  That is almost always due to a server issue on the host's side.
There won't be any errors in the forum error log because a server error interrupts whatever script was running, so it can not log an error.

There should, however, be something on the server side which indicates what, specifically, is triggering the server error....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: