News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

No data recieved

Started by ktm450ds, July 19, 2014, 10:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktm450ds

I'm getting a No data received on my smf when trying to log in. Can anyone give me an idea on where to start to fix this issue please. 

Bigguy

No data recieved......never heard of that before. Have you checked with your host. ??

Mstcool

Is it a new forum (like just installed) or have you been using it for a while?

ktm450ds

Quote from: Mstcool on July 20, 2014, 02:32:47 AM
Is it a new forum (like just installed) or have you been using it for a while?

No the forum is almost 2 years old, and for some reason now no one can sign in.

knobbytalks.com is the url if that helps

kat

Are you using Chrome, by any chance? If so, have you tried another browser?

ktm450ds

Quote from: K@ on July 20, 2014, 02:42:55 PM
Are you using Chrome, by any chance? If so, have you tried another browser?

I have tried chrome, exployer, and fire fox and get the same results. The weird part is you can see all the threads just find, but once you try to log in it goes blank.

kat

I can't help but think that your host's screwed something.

I know of someone who had this exact-same problem and it turned out that her host had inadvertantly blocked her IP, somehow.

Dumb, I know. But...

Justyne

I don't think it's that K@. Try to register an account for that forum? When I do that I get the error too.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

kat

You could be right, oh lustrous one. That wasn't a "That's what they've done", it was meant more as a "Some hosts can be this dumb" example.

I'm 99% sure that this is a server/hosting problem, was what I was trying (Unsuccessfully, it seems) :P to convey. :)

Justyne

Alright, that does make more sense now. I was quite surprised by the weird error. New one for me.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

kat

Yeah, reading it back, I could've made it a tad clearer. :)

I've only ever seen that error, twice. One was triggered by a weird mod_sec rule (Fook knows how-Godaddy) and the other was that odd IP thing.

ktm450ds

Talked to go daddy my hosting company and they said the reason it is doing this is due to a gif file trying to upload as a php. So they are saying the site has been compromised and I have to find the file that it is trying to upload.

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

ktm450ds

Illori

then maybe worth hiring someone to look at your forum and fix it up.

ktm450ds

I went into the data base and updated the version of smf and it seems to be working now. No clue what happen or how that fixed it. Later on I found out when re-installing the menu mod that it went back to the same issue. I then uninstalled the update and then updated it again and deleted the menu mod no issues after that.

kat

Sounds like you've had endless hours of fun, with this!

Glad you figured it out, eventually. :)

crustybum

Weird...must be a go daddy thing..both my forums are down with same thing "no data received" they have been investigating for 3 days...yes 3 days.

ktm450ds

Quote from: crustybum on July 21, 2014, 08:36:48 AM
Weird...must be a go daddy thing..both my forums are down with same thing "no data received" they have been investigating for 3 days...yes 3 days.

Did you set up your SMF through godaddy's quick buttons?

Advertisement: