News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Border problem?

Started by Ninja ZX-10RR, July 20, 2014, 11:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hi all, now I started to hate my colleague =_= he touched something in the index.css and he achieved this result (as attached).
I want the box NOT to be resized when they are pointed!!! Also I would like to know where to change those blue and red colors, damn mess I can't even find the color codes that's why I am asking here. Attached both screenshot and index.css
Any help? *swearing at my colleague on whatsapp* xD
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

No backup to get the original file from?

Ninja ZX-10RR

No as he *did* something I wanted him to do, but he also screwed that thing up :/
Lesson learned, next time I'll do it myself anyway... And thanks for your reply :)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Justyne

take screendump, user colour picker go find the rgb? Or if you have a webdeveloper plugin it should tell you which classes were used.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Burke ♞ Knight

Is that from a mod, or a theme?
I've never seen those boxes and choices in SMF before.

As for the resizing, looks like the numbers in the boxes are all wrong.
Try this:

Respectively.

kat

I'm cr@p with css stuff...

Justyne

I'm looking, but i'd be faster if I knew which box I am looking for, as in which page it is on.

kat

Pure guess, this...

/* Select elements look horrible with the extra padding, so leave them unpadded. */
select
{
padding: 0;
}

/* Add some padding to the options instead. */
select option
{
padding: 1px;
}

Change the 1px to 0px?

(If that's the right place).

Justyne

likely. I was looking at that too.

the colours could be browser defaults. try setting one to see if it overwrites.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Justyne on July 20, 2014, 11:18:48 AM
take screendump, user colour picker go find the rgb? Or if you have a webdeveloper plugin it should tell you which classes were used.
Good idea. Tried and nothing happened because it cannot be found in index.css despite I know it must be there =_= as it started to happen after my colleague made some damn edits in front of my eyes, even though I don't know which ones...

Quote from: BurkeKnight on July 20, 2014, 11:21:04 AM
Is that from a mod, or a theme?
I've never seen those boxes and choices in SMF before.

As for the resizing, looks like the numbers in the boxes are all wrong.
Try this:

Respectively.
Oh gosh mate no one ever told you to care about the numbers, I took a screenshot of a random setup in the administration D: but they ALL do that thing .-. even in profile view etc...

Thanks to both for your replies, anyway. Sorry if I delay a bit, I'm doing 12348345640768957 things at the same time :(

EDIT: omg hold on.

Quote from: Justyne on July 20, 2014, 11:28:23 AM
I'm looking, but i'd be faster if I knew which box I am looking for, as in which page it is on.
Like I said (you couldn't have known it though, it does that thing in every damn blank box with anything in it not being a selection from a dropdown. (In those, the borders do that but no resize).

K@ I'll just try, gimme a sec xD

EDIT2: aaaagh let me reply XD

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

That wasn't an exact thing. More of a "What if?", really. Something LIKE that, rather than exactly that...

Ninja ZX-10RR

Ok tried K@'s solution and it did as attached so not good. It doesn't depend on the browser, the screenshot is on FF while I'm normally using Maxthon ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Justyne

try

input, button, select, textarea
{
   font: 95%/115% verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
   color: #000;
   background: #fff;
   border: 1px solid #7f9db9;
   padding: 2px;
}

kat

I think we're struggling with the "Where", with this, Flav.

If Justy-babe's suggestion's a goofer, like mine, can you tell us where the boxes are, exactly, where this is happening?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hmm like this the strings are not being moved while pointing any of the boxes so slightly better but didn't fix the problem. Boxes are still being resized and have that red or blue border :|

Quote from: K@ on July 20, 2014, 11:47:55 AM
I think we're struggling with the "Where", with this, Flav.
Quote from: Flavio93Zena on July 20, 2014, 11:37:16 AM
I took a screenshot of a random setup in the administration D: but they ALL do that thing .-. even in profile view etc...

THAT is the real problem, mate. Where the heck is this thing otherwise I would have edited, myself, ages ago xD

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

I meant "Where on the forum", rather than "Where in the file"... ;)

Justyne

okay I'm on the right track then.

/* We can style the different types of input buttons to be uniform throughout different browsers and their color themes.
   .button_submit - covers input[type=submit], input[type=button], button[type=submit] and button[type=button] in all browsers
   .button_reset  - covers input[type=reset] and button[type=reset] throughout all browsers
   .input_check   - covers input[type=checkbox] throughout all browsers
   .input_radio   - covers input[type=radio] throughout all browsers
   .input_text    - covers input[type=text] throughout all browsers
   .input_file    - covers input[type=file] throughout all browsers
*/

input, button, select, textarea
{
   font: 95%/115% verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
   color: #000;
   background: #fff;
   padding: 2px;
}

/* Select elements look horrible with the extra padding, so leave them unpadded. */
select
{
   padding: 0;
}

/* Add some padding to the options instead. */
select option
{
   padding: 1px;
}

/* The font size of textareas should be just a little bit larger. */
textarea
{
   font: 100%/130% verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}

/* Buttons should be styled a bit differently, in order to make them look more button'ish. */
.button_submit, .button_reset
{
   background: #cde7ff url(../images/theme/submit_bg.png) no-repeat;
   border: 1px solid #aaa;
   cursor: pointer;
   font-weight: normal;
}
input:hover, textarea:hover, button:hover, select:hover
{
   border: 1px solid #454545;
}
.button_submit:hover, .button_reset:hover
{
   border: 1px solid #aaa;
   background: url(../images/theme/submit_bg.png) no-repeat 0 -140px #cde7ff;
}
input:focus, textarea:focus, button:focus, select:focus
{
   border: 1px solid #454545;
}

Look at this bit here. Straight from the default theme. You have a colour edited in the hover classes there #FF7A00 - I think that would come out at an orange shade. That might be one of your culprits.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Justyne on July 20, 2014, 11:46:34 AM
try

To hell at least this one is that blue-like color :D first thing found, thanks, I'll change it afterwards. First though I need to get rid of the boxes being resized for no apparent reason...

Quote from: K@ on July 20, 2014, 11:59:29 AM
I meant "Where on the forum", rather than "Where in the file"... ;)
In EVERY SINGLE WHITE BOX not being a selection from a dropdown is more clear? :) I mean that the problem is surely in this index.css as it's the only file that has been edited...

Wait a minute Justyne, and yes for sure, my default theme has been edited in its .css but.. Ok gimme a sec I'll check that stuff.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

Justyne

they are not being resized.

they are all 3 23px tall. I just checked.

Must be some border/ shadow effect switched off. Comparing against the default we should find it.

I was just quoting the default because this is obviously based on it changed in some minor places ... so whatever happened to input should be a restore to default issue.

Advertisement: