News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Direct topic redirection link

Started by natasa (NT), July 21, 2014, 12:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

natasa (NT)

Hello!
It would be nice to have option to make direct topic redirection -
so, when user click on title of topic to be redirect to another address (not another topic).
I am using SMF 2.0.8.
Thanks.

radu81

sorry for my bad english

natasa (NT)

Thanks radu81, but it is not useful for me.
I have a professional forum with topics that often are outdated, because of constant changes in my profession.
It would be nice to have option to redirect old topics directly to another topic or board or another address.
Like on wordpress or blogger, for example, you can put a link in title of topic and redirect it.

radu81

I don't think this is possible with SMF, the only solution I think could be using redirects from .htaccess file. Please wait some other responses from more expert people than me
sorry for my bad english

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hm. I wonder if this could be of any help, you could set this up for every single topic and you would have to set each redirection topic.
So here we go, http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2257 wanna give it a try?
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Antes

I want to clear something here,

We are not going to add new features into SMF 2.0.x - you can find modifications for SMF 2.0.x in our modification center. As for 2.1, this feature is unlikely to go inside SMF 2.1 or probably any SMF release.

As long time forum admin, we used this method; lock the topic and write final post under it and say "please visit this topic".

** This is bit advanced method but you can also use htaccess (or equal based on your system) redirect.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Indeed this is probably the wrong section, still the mod I linked could somehow achieve the desired result IMHO :) or at least I would use that one.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

natasa (NT)

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on July 21, 2014, 02:35:36 PM
Hm. I wonder if this could be of any help, you could set this up for every single topic and you would have to set each redirection topic.
So here we go, http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2257 wanna give it a try?

Thanks, I know about this mod, and it is helpful up to a certain point.
I suppose that I should open this question on 'Modifications and Packages' board?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hmm no this is already the right section but I'm not happy that you can't achieve the desired result :(

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: