News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Lazy Admin Menu

Started by dougiefresh, July 21, 2014, 09:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.7 - September 7th, 2014
o Modified Simple Portal language loading code so that it is loaded for mods and global mods.  Thanks, NekoJonez!

kat

Works a treat, too!

Thanks to Neko and you, Dougi!

Steve

I'm assuming those of us who don't use Simple Portal need not update, yes?
DO NOT pm me for support!

dougiefresh

Quote from: Steve on September 07, 2014, 12:10:40 PM
I'm assuming those of us who don't use Simple Portal need not update, yes?
That is correct. 

QuoteMy exercise routine consists of diddly sqauts and 12 oz curls.
@Steve: Btw, love your signature!

Steve

Regarding sig ... I cannot lie! lol

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.8 - September 8th, 2014
o Bug fix for v1.7 did not include globalized variable $user_info within function.

Once again, users that do not have SimplePortal installed do not need to upgrade.

kat

Heh... Updates coming along more often than a #144 bus. ;)

Again, went on without any hassles and works a treat! :)

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Lols. I'd also say that were updated very fast indeed. Gread job dougiefresh.

dougiefresh

:-X Yeah, well, I wish I could've remembered to check to make sure that variable was declared global before trying to use it....   :P

kat

You fixed it, when it was noticed.

Can't say fairer than that! :)

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: dougiefresh on September 08, 2014, 10:18:09 AM
:-X Yeah, well, I wish I could've remembered to check to make sure that variable was declared global before trying to use it....   :P
Don't worry that much. I too sometimes did the same mistake myself.

Arantor

Don't forget you can always be cheeky and use $GLOBALS to avoid that sort of fun and games if you want to reduce edits ;)

$GLOBALS['modSettings'] for example.

Rk2910

Hi Dougie - thanks for picking up this Tip and making a mod of it - it's great.  O:)
I just installed a 2.0.8 theme (Blue Shame) and the Lazy mod doesn't seem to work the way it does on the other themes - seems like the submenu of each menu item does not go out to the side, it shows up below the menu item and that doesn't allow you to pick anything from it. 
Is there anything I can change in the code to help it work on this theme?

dougiefresh

Quote from: Rk2910 on September 14, 2014, 02:14:17 PM
Hi Dougie - thanks for picking up this Tip and making a mod of it - it's great.  O:)
I just installed a 2.0.8 theme (Blue Shame) and the Lazy mod doesn't seem to work the way it does on the other themes - seems like the submenu of each menu item does not go out to the side, it shows up below the menu item and that doesn't allow you to pick anything from it. 
Is there anything I can change in the code to help it work on this theme?
I wouldn't think so.  That is a theme-specific issue.  The solution is probably going to be found in the CSS files of that theme....  You might wanna try asking the author of the theme.

Rk2910

Ok, will do - thanks again for the Mod Dougie 8)

Steve

Hey DF ... I love this mod!

I do have a question though. Before the mod, the Admin button on the index page would show the number of errors in the error log like this: Admin (xx)

After installing your mod, one has to open the menu until the error log shows to see that number.

Any chance of making the number of errors show on the top level Admin button like it used to. The way it is now, I forget to check the log because I don't see there are errors right away.

If it involves significant code changes, don't bother. It's not a big deal and I can certainly live without it.

Again, great mod! :D

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Steve on October 03, 2014, 11:25:08 AM
I do have a question though. Before the mod, the Admin button on the index page would show the number of errors in the error log like this: Admin (xx)
:o it doesn't in a default SMF install AFAIK... :o
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

dougiefresh

@Steve: What mod do you have installed that does that?  Cause, as Ninja ZX-10RR said, core SMF doesn't do that....

EDIT: The mod attempts to save the text for the error log line in the original Admin menu before making it's changes.  The mod I use to report the number of errors in the log is Error Log Counter.  But my mod doesn't change the top menu text of the Admin menu, so that SHOULDN'T be effected by this mod....

Steve

Oops ... I guess this got installed when I initially got my board set up ... it's this mod that displays the error number:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3481

dougiefresh

I just installed the DevCenter mod on a clean SMF 2.0.9 install, then Lazy Admin Menu.  On my system, the Admin menu retains the number of errors like before installing the Lazy Admin Menu.  But after clearing the error log, the Admin text doesn't change back.....  Lemme look into this....

EDIT: Found what's causing this.  Fixed it by changing what part of the admin menu the mod caches....

Advertisement: