News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Lazy Admin Menu

Started by dougiefresh, July 21, 2014, 09:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.2 - July 21th, 2014
o Custom URLs in admin menu are now represented in the top menu...
o Admin top menu will not be rebuilt while you are in the Admin area.
o Moved caching code to Subs-LazyAdmin.php to speed up admin menu replacement...
o Modified code to preserve error log text from original menu...
o Session ID information attached to the end of each link so all links work properly
o Fixed issue where a certain feature wasn't enabled, but was shown anyways...
o Extended caching time on admin area menu from 2 minutes to 1 day...
o Fixed undeclared variable issue when using SSI.php...
o Removed one operation that caused multiple errors with Simple Portal....

Many thanks for the bug reports and solution(s) for the bug reports!  I apologize for my late response, but work has been brutal lately and I've been exhausted....

dougiefresh

Damn.... Version 1.4 EDIT: Version 1.2 does not address the cause of the multiple errors with Simple Portal.....   I apologize about reporting that it does.  I will work on it some more....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.3 - August 1st, 2014
o Edited Simple Portal subs file to force loading of the language file....

Ninja ZX-10RR

Cool, just updated and it... Doesn't work at all now D: no errors in error log :( tyniportal is not installed here, installation successful, running SMF 2.0.8...
Maybe I still have the older version in my download folder... :(
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Steve

I had a problem with the latest version as well and had to go back to 1.1 ... can't remember the error though ... will try to recreate the problem later today.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Ninja ZX-10RR

I kindly ask dougie if he can post as an attachment one of the previous versions because unfortunately I don't have it anymore in my download folder :( and no one is allowed to redistribute it so I can't ask...
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

It is allowed to redistributed, yes ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

Oh gosh, my bad I have misread the post, I was reading another license agreement =_= Indeed creative commons allows redistribution so anyone is free to redistribute it with no troubles. Cool.
In my defense I had troubles once for redistributing a mod included in a package and I didn't have the rights to do it so that's why I am so careful about this. Thanks margarett for waking me up xD

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Steve

It's on it's way to you then. :D

dougiefresh

Quote from: Steve on August 02, 2014, 08:56:59 AM
I had a problem with the latest version as well and had to go back to 1.1 ... can't remember the error though ... will try to recreate the problem later today.
It would be VERY helpful to know what the problem is.....  As for the attachment request, here it is.

Steve

D*mmit ... I wish I had written it down. I re-installed 1.3 (which says 1.2 after you install it) and don't see a problem at the moment. Will leave it in for awhile and see if I come up with the problem I had again.

And I would have done this earlier but the wife kept me busy working on my honey-do list. :P

dougiefresh

Quote from: Steve on August 02, 2014, 08:56:59 AM
Quote from: NinjaZX10RR on August 02, 2014, 08:45:44 AM
Cool, just updated and it... Doesn't work at all now D: no errors in error log :( tyniportal is not installed here, installation successful, running SMF 2.0.8...
Maybe I still have the older version in my download folder... :(
If the problem is that the Admin menu goes back to the stock admin menu when you are IN the admin area, then that is on purpose, mostly to prevent the menu from repeatedly been recached and rebuilt every page load.  I don't have any ideas how to stop this from occurring.... (yet)

Confirmed that there is a bug in v1.3 (and probably v1.2)....  I'm looking into it....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.4 - August 2nd, 2014
o Corrected some bad caching code in Admin.php....
o Reverted some code back to allow admin top menu to be rebuilt while in the Admin area

Steve

Arantor

This is the joy of modding, finding ever more complicated and tricksy variations to have to patch around.

Nice job :)

dougiefresh

Thanks..... It ain't been easy, especially with all the other $#@% that's been going on.....

Arantor

Welcome to modding a monolith environment. There's so many edge cases it's not even funny :(

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Keep it up dougiefresh. You got skill and talent. You can do it. :)

kat

As an aside, should you happen to have BK's TopMenu mod installed, this seems to work, with that, which is kinda groovy. :)

NekoJonez

I'm sorry to say but I still got a lot of errors with Simple Portal, do you want to see them?

This might help you: The errors are dropped because the mod can't find the text strings for the menu. Since the child menu appears empty on my screen. And then is when the errors come.

So, I will take a look if I can't help you with that.

It seems the mod can't find the strings in SPortalAdmin.english.php , maybe there is the problem?

Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Advertisement: