News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Lazy Admin Menu

Started by dougiefresh, July 21, 2014, 09:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justyne

It's not good practice to work that way. Makes the code messy.

Also there is a point when software features need to be finalized or release will forever be put off. I'd like to think 2.1 is feature complete by now.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Arantor

2.1 was allegedly feature complete except for the theme a year ago. Until I chose to add features to it to prevent it being even further behind the competition and behind user expectation but found myself unable to continue contributing to development.

(Actually, it wasn't even ready for beta by that time, there were many bugs that were only discovered and excised when trying to fix other things.)

Ninja ZX-10RR

We will be getting OT guys (and women in this case :P). Wasn't the theme up to Ant?
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

The theme is one of the lesser problems.

dougiefresh

Quote from: ‽ on July 21, 2014, 03:51:26 PM
For now, sure. But if AdminMenu changes its behaviour in the future, it's entirely possible it might not work properly.
I guess when 2.1 becomes beta or maybe even final, I'll make an official version.  Until then, maybe it'll work, maybe it won't.  But I'm not changing the mod for 2.1 compatibility until it advances to the beta stage (at least)....

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

I like when it's "maybe it will work maybe it won't" but if it will steal my cookies and eat them I will uninstall it for sure
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

dougiefresh

Don't blame ya.....  Hold on....  You have cookies?  :P  WOW!!!!

I meant "maybe it'll work, maybe it won't" for 2.1.... not 2.0....  O:)

Ninja ZX-10RR

they are not really cookies but... :P

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Masterd

Quote from: K@ on July 21, 2014, 03:20:37 PM
I hope this is standard, in 2.1...

Personally I think that SMF should follow Google Chrome's philosophy. In it's core it should be ascetic. If someone needs more features there are mods like this one.

NekoJonez

Does this add menu items that mods add?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Arantor

NekoJonez

Good to know, since it's for that reason I might install this mod.

Twitter
My Blog

Ninja ZX-10RR

I can witness that it does. :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Steve

I absolutely love this. Just installed it yesterday and wish I'd installed it sooner.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Rk2910

A very nice mod - thank you.

NekoJonez

This is a beast mod! Extremely nice job.

Here is a suggestion. Can you make this for the moderation menu as well?
Also, maybe you could make this for all the options in the forum~ ?

Expand it beyond the admin menu. Since I honestly think that this could benefit SMF quite a bit.

Twitter
My Blog

Arantor

The more menus you do the more performance intensive it gets, especially with some of the moderation menus.

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: NekoJonez on July 22, 2014, 06:05:49 AM

I just tested this mod on a test site, then installed SimplePortal, and the menu items show. :)
So I guess that means there's even more proof it does. ;)

NekoJonez

Quote from: ‽ on July 25, 2014, 05:05:07 AM
The more menus you do the more performance intensive it gets, especially with some of the moderation menus.
Ahn, I see.

Quote from: BurkeKnight on July 25, 2014, 05:10:26 AM
Quote from: NekoJonez on July 22, 2014, 06:05:49 AM

I just tested this mod on a test site, then installed SimplePortal, and the menu items show. :)
So I guess that means there's even more proof it does. ;)

I got huge error dumping due to Simple Portal. O.O

Twitter
My Blog

Advertisement: