News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Lazy Admin Menu

Started by dougiefresh, July 21, 2014, 09:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Apparently this mod has an issue with themes other than the Curve theme as shown here:

Just a minor inconvenience though and the benefits outweigh it. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

The main menu isn't really designed to support submenus all that well. Most themes don't do it very well at all.

Steve

The problem here seems to be the length of the name of the mod 'Simple Audio Video Embedder'. It runs over into the next line. The same with 'Smiley and Message Icons'. Strictly a minor aesthetic issue.

Arantor

Yup. The menu for your theme was never designed to handle anything so long.

Steve

I was just told how to change it here and it works beautifully:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=395039.msg3724543#msg3724543

Can the title 'Smileys and Message Icons' be changed or does that start getting complicated (I don't do complicated :P )?

Arantor

Admin.english.php:
$txt['smileys_manage'] = 'Smileys and Message Icons';

Just change the bit in quotes on the right. Careful if you decide to use & though.

Steve

Perfect! I renamed it to 'Smileys/Message Icons' ... hopefully the / won't cause any problems.

Thanks for that!

Arantor

Nope, / is fine. The special characters to watch out for in that situation are <, >, & and ' with attention to be paid to " as well.

Steve

Thanks. You're a gentleman and a scholar and there's d*mn few of us left. :P

Arantor

I resent that, as I am neither a gentleman or a scholar. :P ;D

I am simply me and anyone who doesn't like that can **** right off. Unfortunately they don't.

Steve

Arantor

I've had an interesting few days. Mind == blown.

Anyway so as to avoid derailing further...

One thing I would like to see, though I'm not sure it's in the scope of this mod, is to drop all the session ids in all the links because they're almost never needed.

Antechinus

Quote from: Steve on July 25, 2014, 07:41:22 AM
Apparently this mod has an issue with themes other than the Curve theme as shown here:

Just a minor inconvenience though and the benefits outweigh it. :)

That's just bad CSS on that theme. Probably has a line-height set in px or something stupid like that.

Quote from: ‽ on July 25, 2014, 09:00:28 AMOne thing I would like to see, though I'm not sure it's in the scope of this mod, is to drop all the session ids in all the links because they're almost never needed.

Some of the admin links will need it. I've tried various ones with and without (server settings page needs it, for example).

Arantor

That's kind of what I said ;) I'm aware that *some* need it but the vast majority don't.

dougiefresh

Quote from: NekoJonez on July 25, 2014, 05:14:01 AM
Quote from: BurkeKnight on July 25, 2014, 05:10:26 AM
Quote from: NekoJonez on July 22, 2014, 06:05:49 AM
Does this add menu items that mods add?

I just tested this mod on a test site, then installed SimplePortal, and the menu items show. :)
So I guess that means there's even more proof it does. ;)

I got huge error dumping due to Simple Portal. O.O
You wanna send me the errors?  Maybe I can do something about them....  (File attachment is just fine for this purpose)

kat

Just a wave, here...

If I try to go to Admin>Configuration>Current theme, with this mod, it doesn't take me there (At least, it doesn't on my test site).

It just sends me to Themes and Layout Settings.

No hassles, really. But, I thought you'd like to know. :)

Arantor

That's because the main menu code doesn't care about the custom_url parameter that Current Theme uses. The only way to fix that is to iterate over everything before passing it to the main menu code to switch that out. Kinda ugly.

kat

EEK!

Oddly enough, I wasn't after a fix, though. It was just something that I thought the author might want to be aware of, if he wasn't, already, tiz all. :)

Arantor

Yeah, I'm just saying what would be needed to fix it should the author want to ;)

kat

So good to doink two feathery things with one rocky thing... :)

Advertisement: