Post count based group question-not visible on board but visible by profile

Started by mkantonelli, July 21, 2014, 12:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkantonelli

I am running SMF2.0.8 and the following issue has been brought to my attention with post count based groups:

We have the count set to ten posts before access to the restricted section of the board is allowed.  This works in that users with a post count under ten can not see the threads simply by looking at the boards.

*However*

If they click on an individual user's post counts or mentions, then they are able to view posts made in the restricted area and navigate to those boards from the post that they clicked on.

So, if Newbie X clicks on a profile and it is a user who posts in that area, they can click on the user's post list, click on the post title, navigate to the board which, by post count, they are restricted from, and then view the whole section.

Is there any way to fix this?  Unchecking "posts" under Profile Fields doesn't seem to fix it, as you can still see posts listed when navigating to a person's profile.

Thanks in advance!

margarett

That clearly doesn't happen in a clean SMF install.

Which mods are you using?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

mkantonelli

I am using the following:

Mod Name                                       Version   
1.   Birthday On Register                1.0     
2.   Gravatar 4 SMF                        1.1     
3.   SMF Staff Page                                1.7     
4.   Buddies List                                1.0.1     
5.   SMF 1.1.19 / 2.0.6 Update        1.0   
6.   Enhancements to recent posts     2.0.1     
7.   SMF Gallery Lite                        3.7     
8.   SMF 2.0.7 Update                        1.0   
9.   SMF 2.0.8 Update                        1.0   
10.   Profile Comments                        2.1 

Jade Elizabeth

Might be number 6, try uninstalling and see if that fixes it? If it does you'll need to warn the mod owner cause that's a REALLY nasty bug.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Arantor

Advertisement: