News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Track User Logins

Started by margarett, July 22, 2014, 12:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

Link to Mod

Track User Login

This MODification allows you to record the user logins so that they can be traced. Useful if a user thinks his account has been compromised.

There is a pruning function that removes each user's records older than 30 days. This will prevent the records table to grow too much and runs as a scheduled task.

Languages:
     - English

Changelog

Version 1.1 // 19-09-2014
================================================================================
+ Added pruning function that removes records older than 30 days
+ User IP is also stored
! Fixed some language strings

Version 1.0 // 11-07-2014
================================================================================
+ First release

Legend:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
! Minor change or bugfix.
+ Feature addition or improvement.
- Feature or option removal.

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

Does it reuse the same table structure 2.1 does for a clean upgrade?

margarett

Only by a long shot :P I didn't really back port this from 2.1 (TBH I didn't even knew this existed in 2.1 :( )

Will look into it for a next release ;) Thanks

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

Yup, it's one of the many pretty-much undocumented things in 2.1 and might not even work properly but never mind...

Masterd

It would make more sense if you use $txt['trackLogins'] = 'User Logins/Logouts'; instead of $txt['trackLogins'] = 'User Logins';.

margarett

You're right. That's because it started as just user logins and then evolved :P
I'll update that in next version, thanks ;)

Masterd

Quote from: margarett on July 22, 2014, 05:39:35 PM
You're right. That's because it started as just user logins and then evolved :P
I'll update that in next version, thanks ;)

That's what I'm here for. ;)

Psst, don't forget to update all language strings.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Any updates for this? I would really like to install this one but first I would like the pruning system to be done and customizable through admin settings >_<
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

Not really... I'm totally out of time :(

Ninja ZX-10RR

:O :'( is it really that hard to do that prune function? D:
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

Theoretically not :P
A scheduled task, a configurable number of days in ModSettings and it should be it ;)
It still needs to be coded :P

Ninja ZX-10RR

*begs margarett to find the time for it* ♥

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Ninja ZX-10RR

A month is passed now :( tiny bump? :'(

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

Yeah thank you for reminding me ;)

br360

Just out of curiosity; does this mod record the different ip's a user may have every time they log in as well?

margarett

br360

Now that would be awesome, and something I've been looking for for a while.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: margarett on September 09, 2014, 10:10:46 PM
Yeah thank you for reminding me ;)
You're welcome :P

Quote from: br360 on September 09, 2014, 10:14:01 PM
Just out of curiosity; does this mod record the different ip's a user may have every time they log in as well?
Indeed it could be another useful tweak, I quote you on that one dude. If it's possible without spending tons of hours for it... ;) Also some settings about the db table size would be *extremely* useful...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

Finally looking at this (taking a break from converters :P )
IP is already stored, pruning is coming shortly :) Need a few more days to properly test it :)

Ninja ZX-10RR

That is just... AWESOME!!! :D I will be the first one to download the new version as soon as it will be updated! ;) Ofc I'll report any errors (if any).

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: