News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Slow ads

Started by Arantor, July 22, 2014, 06:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Don't know what you guys have done lately but something about some of the new ad networks makes the site load crazy slowly while waiting for third party dependencies.

Hope you're not too offended that I blocked them but it was getting a bit silly.

butchs

I have been blocking them for some time because I do not trust AD's.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

LiroyvH

Hm... I guess you must be referring to the Google Ads. I did notice 'em putting up different ads sometimes all of a sudden, even flash based ones.
Is that what you're talking about?
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Arantor

I saw a bunch of providers being named, but I've gone Firefox now with them disabled...

butchs

I went FF too but I use the ghostery add-on to block most of them.  I am currently blocking:

Google Adsense - ghostery
Google Analytics - ghostery & noscript
Google Syndication - noscript
OpenX - ghostery

Sorry.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Mstcool

Quote from: ‽ on July 22, 2014, 06:13:23 AM
Don't know what you guys have done lately but something about some of the new ad networks makes the site load crazy slowly while waiting for third party dependencies.

Hope you're not too offended that I blocked them but it was getting a bit silly.

And yet, I thought this was happening to me only lol. Its a good thing im not going crazy cuz I thought this was happening to just me lol. :p

ARG01

I always have an ad blocker running. Mostly for sites such as Facebook but I am not going to constantly reboot my browser as I switch between tabs.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Advertisement: