News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

unwanted popups

Started by crshep, July 22, 2014, 04:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crshep

Ok I uninstalled all plugins and the problem went away. So I stalled each one..........one at a time and the one that is causing it was  "SimplePortal"  and i love that one. So I uninstalled completely and even downloaded a fresh copy and tried to install again and as soon as I did the problem came back. 

Hopefully the info I just gave above will help someone else to help me get this fixed.  Any ideas????

Thanks

Kindred

actually, uninstalling simpleportal does not remove your simpleportal blocks details...

so, it would seem that you - or someone - installed a script into one of those blocks which is creating the pop-ups
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

crshep

Quote from: Kindred on July 22, 2014, 11:37:25 PM
actually, uninstalling simpleportal does not remove your simpleportal blocks details...

so, it would seem that you - or someone - installed a script into one of those blocks which is creating the pop-ups

Ok which blocks and how to I remove them so I can reinstall simpleportal again?

Kindred

well...  that would depend on what you have in those blocks....    I suggest that you get some help from the simpleportal folks on removing block content directly in the database
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Should be able to uninstall it, remove all SP tables from database, reinstall and set up SP from scratch.  Either that, or go through the SP tables and try to find the offending code.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: