News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

new server/new host/new error

Started by DarkAngel612, July 22, 2014, 10:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

To move the forum I uploaded fresh 2.0.8 files then imported my database.

I have no clue why this error is in there. It seems to be looking for the Settings.php file in the public folder where it has never been

I ran repair-settings and it did its thing but still the error, it is not in the Setting file --set to public folder

where do I start please

[22-Jul-2014 14:31:48 America/Mexico_City] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/account/public_html/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/account/public_html/index.php on line 43

in the settings.php file the only place that does not have a path is the very bottom of the file which I had never noticed before this last 2 updates.

# Make sure the paths are correct... at least try to fix them.
if (!file_exists($boarddir) && file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/agreement.txt'))
    $boarddir = dirname(__FILE__);
if (!file_exists($sourcedir) && file_exists($boarddir . '/Sources'))
    $sourcedir = $boarddir . '/Sources';
if (!file_exists($cachedir) && file_exists($boarddir . '/cache'))
    $cachedir = $boarddir . '/cache';
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

margarett

public_html is the usual folder for the root of your site so it's ok to be there ;)

Does Settings.php have proper permissions? 644 works fine. Also, please check for correct ownership your files. If this is not correct, php might "think" the file was written yet it wasn't 

Since you masked the paths, are those the same - the path to Settings.php and index.php?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

DarkAngel612

Quote from: margarett on July 22, 2014, 10:40:41 PM
public_html is the usual folder for the root of your site so it's ok to be there<$1alt="" title="" onresizestart="return false;" id="smiley__$2" style="padding: 0 3px 0 3px;" />

IF the site was uploaded to the root yes but it is in its own directory, like the others are so, no it shuld not be looking for it there

Does Settings.php have proper permissions? 644 works fine. Also, please check for correct ownership your files. If this is not correct, php might "think" the file was written yet it wasn't 

I have checked permissions in Transmit and Filezilla for mac AND Filezilla for pc along with the C-panel's own file manager

permissions are set and owner is also correct.

QuoteSince you masked the paths, are those the same - the path to Settings.php and index.php?

I masked them because I was instructed years ago to do that, not to post the actual path but here is is:

[22-Jul-2014 14:31:48 America/Mexico_City] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/thefanta/public_html/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thefanta/public_html/index.php on line 43

The line in the index.php is:

// Load the settings...
require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/Settings.php');

Could it be that somehow the index.php file got plopped into the root by mistake---it is also in the directory for the forum

I think removing it might rectify the issue. Thanks will report back.

Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

margarett

So is your forum www.mysite.com or www.mysite.com/forum ?
If it's the second, then index.php really doesn't belong in public_html...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

DarkAngel612

how it got there I will never know, but we ended up having many missing files, files not where they should have been and other little things.

I removed it and the error has stopped.

thank you

margarett

Great ;)

Marked as solved for you, let us know if you need further help ;)

DarkAngel612

Thank ou for that, you would think that after all these years I would remember to mark it solved.

Advertisement: