[/size] showing up in posts

Started by jonesH, July 23, 2014, 02:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Doesn't make a difference for testing purposes doesn't it? :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Ninja ZX-10RR

I hate when you are being mysterious XD anyway I meant to disable it from the administration center.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

There are two different ways you can disable it in the administration centre to varying degrees. This stuff gets complicated.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Oh gosh Pete if you know the exact procedure (and we all know you do) can you please point it out without being anymore mysterious? D: because I know only "disable WYSIWYG editor" button... :/

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

What good would it do to confuse the issue? There is a scary amount of SMF that can be configured in two places, sometimes three.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Pete! Are you trying to help the poster or either trying to confuse him about how SMF has been configured? Please post the procedure that you think it will fit best.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

jonesH

I am sorry to disappoint everyone here, but throughout all my testings in the course of the afternoon I just was unable to reproduce the problem. Here are though a few more points:

- the censored words list is not affecting this (I checked);
- the "Disable WYSIWYG editor" box was not ticked all along, but I ticked it via the Admin option and it seemed to not matter. Arantor, thanks for the challenge :). As a side note, it took more than a dozen tries to change the state of this option until it finally stuck;
- I typed lorem ipsums in the iPad and then copy>pasted them into the post - still all good.
- my forum-to-be is hosted on GoDaddy, premium shared server - but does it matter?

(As I type this I on an iMac I discover that the bullet list button does not work for me, as only the first and las items get bullets, so here I added the dashes manually.)

What intrigues me still is the intermittent nature of this and that it mostly seems to resolve all by itself.

As far as I am concerned, this topic is almost solved. Should any interesting development happen, I shall come back with info.

Many thanks to each and all for your help.

Arantor

Quote(As I type this I on an iMac I discover that the bullet list button does not work for me, as only the first and las items get bullets, so here I added the dashes manually.)

Ah, the joys of the list bbcode. The simple version there is 'you're not doing it quite right'.

[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

Each [li][/li] pair is a list item. You have to add more lis for each list item:

[list]
[li]First item[/li]
[li]Second item[/li]
[li]Third item[/li]
[/list]

yields:

• First item
  • Second item
  • Third item

Chalky

There's a mod Kays wrote that makes it easier to add extra list items, just select the text and the button wraps [ li ] tags around it  ;)

[/off topic]

Arantor

That actually seems like a better idea than even the monstrosity that the WYSIWYG editor makes of it.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: ChalkCat on July 24, 2014, 04:27:39 AM
There's a mod Kays wrote that makes it easier to add extra list items, just select the text and the button wraps [ li ] tags around it  ;)

[/off topic]
Thanks so much for this :D always got mad with that. [/onlynowendOT]

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: