An Idea For A Simple Gallery

Started by MarkJ, July 23, 2014, 07:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkJ

I ain't a coder but I dabble and I generally fix what I need to but what I have done with Attachments might give someone capable of coding an idea.  What I have done is combine attachments with the 'FancyBox 4 SMF' mod along with a server file that resizes oversize images.  By altering the attachment css and adding float left along with changes in various other files - such as chopping the image name etc - I have given users the ability to create galleries inside their posts.  They simply upload as many images (attachments) as they want.  When they post the image files are checked and resized if over 1024 wide or 1024 high.  The images are tiny in comparison and take up only a small amount of room on the server.  By clicking any image - thanks to FancyBox 4 SMF - the user can view all the images as if in a gallery  :) .

You can see how it works here ...

http://toffs.club/index.php/topic,10.0.html

Jade Elizabeth

I love it!! How did you do it?

Would it work for text files or anything else?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Arantor

Well, at least one of the actual gallery mods will sort of work like that by letting you have a button in the editor area that uploads to the gallery whilst inserting a reference to it in the post. But it does require a bit of setup first, I suppose.

MarkJ

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on July 23, 2014, 07:23:28 AM

Would it work for text files or anything else?

You wouldn't be able to view it in the gallery no.  Only image files work with that, if that is what you mean.  Viewing the images is controlled by FancyBox 4 SMF.  But obviously text files and other types of files can be uploaded as attachments.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

MarkJ

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on July 23, 2014, 07:23:28 AM

I will describe how I did it when I have the time.

Shambles

Quote from: MarkJ
I will describe how I did it when I have the time.

* Shambles sends MarkJ some time...

margarett

Pleeeeease send some to me as well :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: