News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to hide number of posts and topics from guest

Started by M4R1O, July 23, 2014, 09:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4R1O

Is this possible? Forum is private and guests should not see this information, this red is what I want to hide from guests

mashby

Themes/BoardIndex.template.php. Look for this:
// Show some basic information about the number of posts, etc.
echo '
</td>
<td class="stats windowbg">
<p>', comma_format($board['posts']), ' ', $board['is_redirect'] ? $txt['redirects'] : $txt['posts'], ' <br />
', $board['is_redirect'] ? '' : comma_format($board['topics']) . ' ' . $txt['board_topics'], '
</p>
</td>
<td class="lastpost">';

Replace with this:
// Show some basic information about the number of posts, etc.
echo '
</td>';
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
{
echo '
<td class="stats windowbg">
<p>', comma_format($board['posts']), ' ', $board['is_redirect'] ? $txt['redirects'] : $txt['posts'], ' <br />
', $board['is_redirect'] ? '' : comma_format($board['topics']) . ' ' . $txt['board_topics'], '
</p>
</td>';
}
echo '
<td class="lastpost">';

Moving this to SMF coding discussion next...also make sure you have an editing environment you have an Undo function, just in case my coding isn't quite right.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

M4R1O

mashby

Just noticed this codebit a little lower...
echo '
<tbody class="divider">
<tr>
<td colspan="4"></td>
</tr>
</tbody>';
If a user is logged in that is correct, otherwise guests should only have colspan="3". Not sure how to code that other than a lazy way. Hmm..
- James M. Barrie

M4R1O

I do not see the difference, where is it? To leave 4 or ...

mashby

Can you provide a link to your site? As a guest, you might see the difference. Maybe it's not a big deal. There's just a missing TD in the last TR of that TABLE. :)
- James M. Barrie

Advertisement: