News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

after upgrade can't post with attatchments

Started by 2greedy, July 23, 2014, 10:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2greedy

Hi guy's

just updated to 2.0.8 and now when i try to post with attachments i just get a blank page? and the post doesn't post. I can make a normal post fine but as soon as i add an attachment that's when it fails?

There is no errors in the error logs, all attachment limits are set to no limit, could someone shed some light on this please?

kat

Error log seems a good place to start. :)

Anything there, pertaining to this?

margarett

White page is usually a php error. Check your server logs (not SMF log!) ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

2greedy

There is nothing in forum logs or server logs

Arantor

2greedy

margarett

That's not very helpful... Was it from 2.0.7 or a previous 2.0.x version? Or was it from 1.1.x series?
Did you ran the large upgrade or the small (patch) upgrade?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

2greedy

i upgraded from 2.0.7 via cpanel as there was a notification to upgrade

margarett

Ok ;) Just to make sure, it wasn't cPanel, it was from your forum's administration, right?

Still, you should find something in php error log. Can you find, via FTP, a file called error_log, probably under your public_html folder?

2greedy

no the upgrade was done via softaculous via cpanel

Kindred

Well,that would be a problem right there, since upgrades within a version series should be done in smf itself, not through softalicious...   
I would also say that, in general,min stalling or upgrading from a service like that is a bad choice, since you have no idea what they have preconfigured...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

2greedy

2greedy

ok will try that now and get back to you thx

2greedy

ok guy's did that and still no go, make post add attatchment, it shows uploading, then stalls and loads blank page

margarett

Can you create us a test account (not admin)?

Also, did you check this?
Quote from: margarett on July 23, 2014, 06:53:00 PM
Still, you should find something in php error log. Can you find, via FTP, a file called error_log, probably under your public_html folder?
If you can't find it, ask your host for it ;)

Advertisement: