Nobody can Login, Register, Post, and Admin can't get into ACP

Started by br360, July 23, 2014, 11:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

br360

I have a site that isn't all that active, so I didn't notice this right away. It appears that over the last 4 or 5 days nobody is able to log in, and new members aren't able to register. I have my settings to always stay logged in,so I am on; able to open threads, open the moderation section, profile, etc. However, when I click on the admin link, it requests I type in my password, and from there I can't get in. I also can't start new topics, reply to threads, etc.

Basically when I or anyone else tries any of the above, we get the can't connect to the internet. (firefox, chrome, or IE) When I try to log in using my mobile, I get the "connection closed by remote server" message. It's not a white screen, just as if those actions/links don't exist.

I am currently on 2.0.7. (the correct patch, and not the original release), I have added no mods or made any changes in months, and looking in my files, nothing has been changed in a while. I have tried using different computers, ISP's, etc. and it's the same.

I tried repair settings as well, but everything suggested looked right.

Illori

have you contacted your host to see if they made any changes recently?

backend

Mmmmm that is exactly my issue too which I also noticed today after being away for a few days. I am in contact with GoDaddy about it. Really frustrating how it can just stop working...

br360

Quote from: Illori on July 23, 2014, 11:53:56 AM
have you contacted your host to see if they made any changes recently?

That's the next step, but was just trying to see if anyone here had any experience with this first so my host doesn't try to "pass blame". ;)

Thanks. I'll keep you all informed.

br360

Quote from: backend on July 23, 2014, 12:00:52 PM
Mmmmm that is exactly my issue too which I also noticed today after being away for a few days. I am in contact with GoDaddy about it. Really frustrating how it can just stop working...

Hmmm, conveniently enough my site is hosted with godaddy as well. Obviously an issue with a change they made.

br360

Update:

Well I called my host and spent about half an hour on the phone with them. Mod security was already off, and they checked the configuration where they couldn't find anything wrong. He recommended that I try to optimize my db tables which didn't do anything. He then suggested that I could have a corrupt file somewhere and to try to upload a fresh set of files. I did that and that did the trick.

Not sure how a file(s) could get corrupt when I haven't made a change at all in months, but it did work and the forum is fine again. Marking as solved.

iamarealbigdog

Advertisement: