News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Reply Button In Every Post

Started by Masterd, July 23, 2014, 07:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masterd

Link to Mod

Reply Button In Every Post 1.0

Author:

Masterd

This mod will add a reply button to every post in a topic so there will be no need to scroll to the top or the bottom in order to post a new reply.

News in version 1.0

- Initial release

This modification is licensed under BSD License (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php)

Copyright (c) 2014, Masterd
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

DSystem

I Liked.

There's always some novados who can't find the "REPLY" and end up clicking the "QUOTE"

As all the links have an icon. It would be nice to add to this also.

Masterd

Quote from: DSystem on July 23, 2014, 10:30:52 PM

If you take a good look you will see that there is an icon.

Colin

I Liked.

There's always some novados who can't find the "REPLY" and end up clicking the "QUOTE"

Yeah that was me the first couple times. Not sure why I just couldn't manage to find it for a bit.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

joeyjojoshabadoo

Hi, getting this problem when installing with skyline theme. Any ideas? thanks
(img attached)

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Ninja ZX-10RR

I Liked.

I agree though, I can't see the icon, too.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Burke ♞ Knight

If have custom theme, may want to check to see if the image actually got sent to the right place in the custom theme's images folder.
I've had plenty of times where SMF said it was copying the image to the custom theme, yet when look, it was not there.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Bad bad boy you should know that I don't have a custom theme :P btw the image is not in the archive at all that's why I am just a little wtf xD
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Burke ♞ Knight

Clear forum cache, then do a hard refresh on browser.
And how would I know what theme you are using?
Never seen your site yet....LOL

EDIT: If one listed as your website here, that does NOT look like default theme. :P

Ninja ZX-10RR

Did that too but didn't work XD I'll try again clearing the cache from cloudflare, and also from another browser...
Btw I said that many times, that's why you should know :P and... Yes I had some fun with the default .css ahahahahah the default theme made unrecognizable :D

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Ninja ZX-10RR

Nvm, I can curse at Cloudflare. :) fixed. Good I'm going to try to install some more things, and also edit the .css even more, I would like the design to be as modern as possible even if 2.0.x started to be a bit old.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Rumpa

Hi I am getting error in Suspicion theme by ARG in index.css file test failed.

Ninja ZX-10RR

You didn't attach the faulty file.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Rumpa

Here is index.css and as below attachments

Masterd

Ninja ZX-10RR

Lol she did it dude it's right above the screenshot :P

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Rumpa

Rumpa

joeyjojoshabadoo

Quote from: joeyjojoshabadoo on October 14, 2014, 02:36:51 PM
Hi, getting this problem when installing with skyline theme. Any ideas? thanks
(img attached)

Hi, i hit install now as instructed above, then went to amend the css file, and the recommended part wasnt there

ul.quickbuttons li.reply_button

was nowhere to be seen

Which was supposed to then have this put in before it when i found it

/*Reply Button In Every Post by Masterd*/
ul.quickbuttons li.reply_button_in_every_post
{
   background: url(../images/buttons/reply.gif) no-repeat 0;
}

yet the function works now.

Any ideas what is going on there? The error was on the current theme which as I said, reply is now in every post.

Thanks for thoughts

Advertisement: