Change what happens when a board is moved

Started by InebriatedChaos, July 24, 2014, 03:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InebriatedChaos

I was wondering if there was a way to change permission on a board when it is moved from one board to another.

Example;
I have an archive on my forum, I dont delete anything, which I move all all posts to when they get old or out of hand. Is there a way to change the post so when it gets moved that it de-stickies or/and unlocks it once its moved?

I know the permissions them selves dont need to be changed, I have configure permissions on the board its moving to already.

Thanks in advance

Justyne

I am struggling to follow this.

You want to unlock and de-sticky when topics are removed from the archive and restored to a different location on the forum?

What has that to do with permissions?
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

InebriatedChaos

Maybe permissions isnt the best word. When I move locked posts or old posts into the Archive, I would like it to automatically unlock the post once its placed into the Archive.

mashby

Why unlock it if it's going to the Archives? Is your Archives board set to read-only thus locked anyway?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Kindred

And no, there is no simple way to do that..
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: