How to change 'show unread posts since last visit' color?

Started by Sono, July 24, 2014, 05:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sono

I would like to know how to change the color of the section under the Hello "username" area. Here is a photo about which section I mean:

http://share.pho.to/6TGT7/original

margarett

You should ask the theme author for help in this case. If it's a theme from our modsite, it will have a dedicated topic for comments/support
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

It will not change only that so be careful with it.
By the way... Forum/themes/{your theme folder}/css/index.css around line 20, you will find a string with this /* Links that open in a new window. */
The "color" code below it is the one you might want to change, I remind you once more that it will not change only that so be careful with it ;) also, clear both forum cache and browser's cache before refreshing the page and see the results. This applies in the majority of cases but as margarett said it can be completely false, in case I am being wrong just ignore my message but also provide a link to your site ;)
As a footnote this should have been posted in Graphics and templates but never mind :D
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Sono

The link is there on the photo, but anyway my site is: www.congovibes.com

It is not good news if those two lines get the color by a common link color setting. Isn't it possible to separate that section and define a custom color for it? Unfortunately I am totally beginner in PHP, so I am unable to do such things. I will try your advice however.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I don't think that is possible but in the meantime I suggest you to upgrade from SMF 2.0.6 to SMF 2.0.8 as I see from the website you are 2 versions old ;)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

Of course it is possible. But:
Quote from: margarett on July 24, 2014, 05:26:52 PM
You should ask the theme author for help in this case. If it's a theme from our modsite, it will have a dedicated topic for comments/support
That's because the mod author would know his code and can help you easier than us...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

Always had problems in doing that. And whenever someone says you can do it strangely enough no one tells you the code so that's why I posted that :P but anyway I back you up, asking the theme's author would be better. In your case --> http://www.skinmod.eu/ (I think)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Sono

Thanks!

This will be an off topic question now, but I cannot set the member's option to redirect the users to their post after they submit a reply, and not to the topic list. The forum makes it possible to do for the Default and Core themes. This problem should be addressed to the theme maker, too?

Ninja ZX-10RR

If that works with your default theme (try it) then yes for sure it's something with the custom theme not showing the button or either failing to install successfully :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

mashby

I imagine it's a setting you can reset for everyone in that theme's settings though.
"Change current options for all members using this theme"
Found in Admin > Themes and Layout Settings > Member Options.

Regarding the display issue, the box where your screenshot is from is from the logged in area. It's hard to see that without an account on your site. Can you setup a temporary regular user for us to have a look? I know this is not the place to be asking about the theme though. This really isn't a PHP issue, but rather a CSS one.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Antes

.user li a {
color: #FFF;
}

this will probably change color to white, you can edit FFF to HEX code you want.

edit: my bad you should put this code to your theme's index.css file.

Sono

I managed to find the corresponding section in the index.css of the theme, the section name is: Member Area, I just needed to modify the color and it looks just as I need it. I was lucky to spot that section among the codes  :laugh:

Thank you for your help.

Advertisement: