News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Email issue with the new gtlds

Started by AnimeAi, July 24, 2014, 09:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimeAi

Currently SMF is rejecting email addresses associated with any of my new gtld domains - these domains include .moe .pictures .gift etc stating that it it not a valid email address. With the thousands of new gtlds that are being released I feel this restriction needs to be lifted as they will be increasingly popular soon!

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Arantor

There is no reason for .moe or .gift to be banned by SMF's current behaviour and in fact I have just successfully registered a .gift on my test site.

.pictures I can understand being blocked but fixing it is a non trivial matter as it is in a great many places that it needs to be changed.

AnimeAi

I must admit, I'd only tried the .pictures when posting that first message lol! Useful to know they're not all blocked. Shame it doesn't sound like a simple fix though... Any idea why "pictures" is blocked while others aren't?

Arantor

Because it's longer than 6 letters which is the limit on what is accepted in the various places it's checked.

Advertisement: