News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

trying to upgrade from 1.1.19 to 2.0.8

Started by Graycat, July 24, 2014, 10:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graycat

Hello I have tried everything..
I tried upgrading to 2.0.6, 2.0.7, 2.0.8 they all give me this same page no matter what I try.
Yes I have also ran the repair_settings.php file.
Yes I have also tried uploading fresh 1.1.19 files.
I have been lurking this forum and google searches for 3 days with no luck so here I am :D

mashby

Welcome to SMF. Glad to see you trying to update to the 2.0.x series! :)

What did you upload to upgrade? Based on the message, did you upload everything in the upgrade package?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Graycat

Thanks for the fast reply and yes I just extracted the files from the zip and uploaded them via ftp I also have tried extracting via cpanel. If you were thinking I uploaded all the seperate zips at the same time, no i didn't. So basically, I just overwrote my 1.1.19 files with the upgrade.

mashby

That's an odd message in your screen shot, specifically the mention of lower-case english. What happens if you click Try English? What is the current language setting of your 1.1.19 site?
- James M. Barrie

Graycat

english and when I click it does nothing.

mashby

- James M. Barrie

Graycat

nothing, it just shows you can input your username to bypass the errors but when you do it does nothing.

mashby

OK, what files are you uploading to your site? The sites I've upgraded over the years haven't had this kind of experience. I'm sorry you are experiencing them. Are you using the 2.0.8 Large Upgrade Package?
- James M. Barrie

Graycat

yes as stated in the op.
yea I have done it many times before also I just have no idea what may be causing this.

mashby

OK, but you mention this:
QuoteI tried upgrading to 2.0.6, 2.0.7, 2.0.8 they all give me this same page no matter what I try.
What exactly are you doing to upgrade to any of those?
- James M. Barrie

Graycat

Quote from: Graycat on July 24, 2014, 10:49:01 PM
Thanks for the fast reply and yes I just extracted the files from the zip and uploaded them via ftp I also have tried extracting via cpanel. If you were thinking I uploaded all the seperate zips at the same time, no i didn't. So basically, I just overwrote my 1.1.19 files with the upgrade.

I unzip, Upload & navigate to upgrade.php

mashby

And which ZIP file is that? I'm only asking because you mentioned 2.0.6, 2.0.7, and 2.0.8.
- James M. Barrie

Graycat

mashby

- James M. Barrie

Graycat

Quote from: Graycat on July 24, 2014, 11:20:44 PM
Quote from: Graycat on July 24, 2014, 10:49:01 PM

I unzip, Upload & navigate to upgrade.php

so the answer is yes.

mashby

OK, so what software makes this page work?
http://getgibbed.com/?page=about
I can see from your site's footer you are on 1.1.19. Can I assume that's from uploading the fresh 1.1.19 files?
- James M. Barrie

Graycat

yes, i have a backup.

and the site works by ssi calls and no the ssi file is not modified currently.

Graycat

also im not the original creator of the site so i cant tell you if anything else is changed.

Im just creating a new version of the site and would love to get the guy on the most recent version.

Illori

margarett

I've seen this error a lot of times and the reason isn't always... clear.

I'm not sure whether or not the upgrader tries to use your current theme (it seems it doesn't, looking at the code) but either way, set your forum to SMF's default theme before you start.

Then, you are probably missing Install.english.php. Check that the file is there, and that you have correct permissions on that file.

Finally, if everything else fails:
* Backup
* delete everything except attachments, avatars, Settings.php and Settings_bak.php.
* Load the large upgrade package and try again to run the upgrader.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: