trying to upgrade from 1.1.19 to 2.0.8

Started by Graycat, July 24, 2014, 10:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

I'd be tempted to wait for Bruno to get back. Don't want to screw what he's already done, after all. ;)

Graycat

yea hes a ninja, that is really what ive been waiting for.

margarett

I'm back, but just in the phone...

I didn't change any files, except upgrade.php (which should already be deleted by now)

In repair settings, check the option to reset everyone to default theme. It should help (I hope :P )
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Graycat

I did that when i ran the repair that's what got me to this point.

margarett

Meh :(

I'd have to take a look. I'm sorry, I have no idea why that happens... It's totally new to me :(

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Graycat

Graycat

AH! I got it working!

For some odd reason the default theme was trying to be one of my custom themes which is what was causing the error!

If you wanna elaborate on how you fixed my original update issue it may save another user from the headache you and I had to endure.

kat

Quote from: Graycat on July 25, 2014, 11:28:58 PMFor some odd reason the default theme was trying to be one of my custom themes which is what was causing the error!

Yer wot?

How was it doing that, out of curiosity?

In the normal run of things, custom themes always rely on the default, for comparative files that the custom theme doesn't have. A custom theme, for example, MIGHT not have, say, an Admin.template.php file, in which case it'd pull the corresponding file from the default theme (Otherwise there'd be zillions of duplicate files and they'd take up a LOT of room).

margarett

That is exactly the issue. I will try to establish how to reproduce that error for further debug.
What I've done was to edit upgrade.php to use the default theme URL and path instead of the ones stored in $modSettings. It works for the upgrader but the wrong value was still in the database and that, I think, caused your "post-upgrade" issues.

Again, thank you for allowing me to check this. I'm now marking this as solved, let us know if you need further help ;)

Advertisement: