News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Administrator Profile

Started by meemzo, July 25, 2014, 12:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meemzo

How do I remove the newbie profile or any post count requirements from a administrator, moderator, etc. profile?  I don't think these titles should require minimum posts.  Please advise.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hi! They DO require minimum posts even for administrators, however you can either manually change an administrator's post count to an higher value or you can check this one:
Forum » Administration Center » Configuration » Current theme »
QuoteHide post group titles for grouped members:
Enabling this will not display a member's post group title on the message view if they are assigned to a non-post based group.
Note that this will hide that only for grouped members, as explained :)
Additionally with a bit more of research you would have found this page --> http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Administration_-_Can_I_hide_my_%22newbie%22_status :D
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Acans

If you wanted to only have it as Member for users who aren't Administrators or Global Moderator, just deleted the post count groups and rename Newbie to Member.

Also follow the wiki page Flavio posted to enable Hide post group titles for grouped members.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

meemzo

Thank you.  That is what I was looking for.

Acans

"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Advertisement: