News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Cannot add boards

Started by Aaron10, July 25, 2014, 12:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron10

Just upgraded from 1.1.19 to 2.0.8

Everythings working well but I can't add boards for some reason, I click the add board button, it then goes to a blank page

index.php?action=admin;area=manageboards;sa=board2

If I highlight the address the press enter I get this:

Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

I only have 3 mods installed: Member Color Link, Spoiler BBCODE v1.1.3 & Vbulletin Style Board Index

I'm using Dilber2.0 theme

No idea what's wrong. Using Chrome with javascript enabled btw.

Aaron10

Ok getting 4 errors in 2 files in the error log:

Type of error: General
256: createBoard(): One or more of the required options is not set
le: Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 749

Type of error: Undefined
8: Undefined index: board_name
Sources/ManageBoards.php
Line: 606

8: Undefined index: board_name
Sources/ManageBoards.php
Line: 606

8: Undefined index: boardtheme
Sources/ManageBoards.php
Line: 598

8: Undefined index: boardid
Sources/ManageBoards.php
Line: 572

I haven't edited either of these files, just redownload SMF and uploaded them both again to be sure.

kat

When you installed those mods, dod you get any errors? (If you installed them recently)

Aaron10

I had to emulate SMF 2.0.0 but otherwise no.

For the record I have another forum on my server running 1.1.19 but I'm gonna upgrade them all when I fix this.

kat

Aaron10

hostgator, shared account

kat

WILD hunch, this. But, a few hosts are going mental, with "mod_security", at the moment. I suspect that hostgator are one of them, which is a pity, coz that needs to be configured properly, for it to be a positive thing. Yet, most seem to just stuff some crap set of default values in and hope that it works.

Can you just ask them if "mod_security" is enabled and get them to disable it, if they'll allow it, just to squash my hunch. I could be very wrong, coz it's just a hunch.

Drunken Clam

Sorry, I can't help with this, but just wanted to comment that your post for help is probably one of the best such requests I have seen! Version, problem, mods, theme...

Every piece of information is supplied. Well done Aaron10  :)

Aaron10

Quote from: K@ on July 25, 2014, 03:07:33 PM
WILD hunch, this. But, a few hosts are going mental, with "mod_security", at the moment. I suspect that hostgator are one of them, which is a pity, coz that needs to be configured properly, for it to be a positive thing. Yet, most seem to just stuff some crap set of default values in and hope that it works.

Can you just ask them if "mod_security" is enabled and get them to disable it, if they'll allow it, just to squash my hunch. I could be very wrong, coz it's just a hunch.

I'll ask and get back to you, but would it be resulting in those 4 errors? I also went onto my other forum running 1.1.19 and added a test board and no problem.

Aaron10

Ok spoke to them and they said mod_security has always been on the server and that they can't remove it.

I think it's something with those 2 files tbh, I just checked them out and they seem fine though.

I just checked files against current version and sources/SSI.php is outdated (2.0.4) but I can't even find that file on my server or the SMF install that I downloaded.

This is annoying I was gonna update both my forums tonight too :(

EDIT: Fixed it, basically just reupped the default theme directory, guess something was broken in there.

Before I mark this solved however my SSI.php in sources is still being reported as outdated yet there's no such file in sources, does it mean on the forum's root directory? I haven't messed with that file so dunno how its outdated.

Steve

Quote from: Drunken Clam on July 25, 2014, 03:10:25 PM
Sorry, I can't help with this, but just wanted to comment that your post for help is probably one of the best such requests I have seen! Version, problem, mods, theme...

Every piece of information is supplied. Well done Aaron10  :)

One rarely sees a post like this on a support board. Kudos to you DC.
DO NOT pm me for support!

kat

Depends what you mean by "Outdated".

The one I have has this:

version 2.0.4

OK, the software PACKAGE is v2.0.8. But, of course, when SMF gets updated, not ALL of the files are changed. In fact, a very small proportion of them are, usually, unless there's a major upgrade (V1 to v2, say).

Aaron10

Yeah mine is 2.0.4, it's just that its showing in red in the admin center, so its ok?

kat

Sorry. I forgot about this... Yeah, ignore the red. It's just being silly. :)

By the way...

Quote from: Aaron10 on July 25, 2014, 05:03:19 PM
they said mod_security has always been on the server and that they can't remove it.

That's bullcrap and they know it.

Bigguy

Can you not make your own php.ini file and put it in your root of your host and turn mod_sec off that way. I think you can but not sure. Also if they are running whm and cpanel then they certainly can turn mod_sec off on a per account basis. They may not want to do this but they can. When I hosted I turned it off for people.

kat

The host's will override it, I believe. :(

Bigguy

Hmm, maybe yeah. And i guess it is not with a php.ini file but with an .htaccess file you can turn it off with. php.ini files are useful though for other things.

kat

php.info will tell you if it's enabled. But, php.ini is something that most hosts don't allow access to. (Mine does, fortunately!)

Arantor

phpinfo() *might* tell you if it is enabled, host configuration depending. Most of the worst offenders are configured that way.

kat

Funny, that... Just been reading a link that someone posted, earlier...

http://developers.wpeasycart.com/2014/07/31/godaddy-shared-hosting-now-an-issue/

Hopefully, they'll go tits-up, sometime soon...

Advertisement: