News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.8; Ambassador 2.0 Theme Installation

Started by dbolesny, July 26, 2014, 12:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbolesny

Greetings!  I have just quit one hosting service that could not support my forum and moved to a host that does support SMF.  But I had to do a clean install of the forum.  [I would rate my computer skills as "medium" - no formal training, I'm sorry to say I've been doing my own, relatively simple webpages since . . . Hot Dog Pro *cough* came out]

When I first installed Ambassador on my old host, I remember it was a snap.  But for some reasons, with my new location, I am having issues.  I am certain it has nothing to do with the host.

When I following the "install a theme" instructions, rather than displaying the theme, it shows all of my forum as a series of links - that don't work.  i.e. a white page with the name of my forum at the top, underlined, etc.  here is part of it:

Simple Machines Forum

Hello dbolesny
    Show unread posts since last visit.  <-- these are links on the page, but right now there are no unread/new posts
    Show new replies to your posts.
    July 26, 2014, 11:11:13 AM

The path I am using for the install is: /forum/Themes/ambassador_2_0   I have tried choosing index.php and index.template.php as the executable file.  Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

*sigh*  And now I cannot even get it back to the default theme.

ARG01

I don't suspect that this is an actual theme issue. Perhaps you would get more efficient support in the 2.0x Support boards;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

dbolesny

Advertisement: