Post and PM Inline Attachments

Started by dougiefresh, July 26, 2014, 09:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

hi, i am confused by this mod - i can show BBCode IMGs on PMs but how do i attach something to a PM in the first place ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

dougiefresh

You need to install PM Attachments before this mod....

Huh, I need to fix that.  You shouldn't see that if the PM attachments mod isn't installed....

aegersz

thanks. PM Attachments, I tried but the mod won't go on.

thanks again.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

njtweb

Quote from: aegersz on January 09, 2016, 09:42:58 AM
thanks. PM Attachments, I tried but the mod won't go on.

thanks again.

Change the version of SMF to the version the MOD supports then try to reinstall the mod.

aegersz

I havent tried that but I get 2 failures in Sources/PersonalMessages.php (or close to that)

one is an alignment issue but the other failure is searching for a bit of code that isn't there.

I really want this mod on, too.

I may have to take all my PM mods off first and try again.

aegersz

Finally installed it and it all works.

fyi: "PM Settings" mod removed ... (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3823) caused all the hassles so it needed removing.

all good.

dougiefresh

I just installed both this mod and the PM Settings mod on a clean forum and they install nicely together, so I'm not understanding why you are seeing conflicts there (unless you meant to post in the Enhanced PM System mod, which offers the same features and/or functionality as the PM Settings mod....)

aegersz

Quote from: dougiefresh on January 19, 2016, 06:56:10 AM
I just installed both this mod and the PM Settings mod on a clean forum and they install nicely together, so I'm not understanding why you are seeing conflicts there (unless you meant to post in the Enhanced PM System mod, which offers the same features and/or functionality as the PM Settings mod....)

yes, i meant the coexistence with the Enhanced PM System ... my mistake, sorry.

your mod is fine.

dougiefresh

Quote from: aegersz on January 25, 2016, 02:32:39 AM
yes, i meant the coexistence with the Enhanced PM System ... my mistake, sorry.
Okay!  Thanks for clearing that up!

Yahmez

Hi dougiefresh!
Thanks for all your hard work on this mod.

I have a question about using it with simpleportal...
When I add a forum post as an article for display on the front page, all images that are inserted using ILA are shown as:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I see this has been brought up once in this thread but was unresolved. This happens to images that have been uploaded and are showing just fine in the post but not in the article block. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

dougiefresh

I'll look into he bug report once I am mobile enough to get to the computer.  I am recovering from knee surgery...

Yahmez

Quote from: dougiefresh on February 04, 2016, 11:35:32 AM
I'll look into he bug report once I am mobile enough to get to the computer.  I am recovering from knee surgery...

Ah, that's no fun. I hope you are on the mend and feeling back to good soon. Take care of yourself.

dougiefresh

@brynn: I'd like to point you to my SVG As Image Attachments Support mod, since you requested the mod be made a while ago....

willerby

Hi Dougie, great mod. 99% of the time my users just want to add photos to posts and after poor experiences with ImageShack (and generally all external hosting services), I'd love to offer this function on my forum, storing the files on my server rather than leaving them to others.

Could I suggest an improvement for all the dumb users around?   I have many  :o

1) Change the SMF icon for 'Insert Image' so that it gives members two options:

a) Enter Image Location... http:// (as now for selecting from an external hosting site or web page)
    b) Browse your computer... have the Browse button below this in the same window, just like it is for attachments

2) When using the Browse button and an image file is selected from their computer, use the Inline Attachments mod and the existing SMF code for uploading attachments to insert the BBC [ attachment = 1 ] etc, directly into the post where they have placed their cursor.

Hopefully the knee is better. Appreciate this is a big ask but the user experience would be so much better. Really should be a feature of SMF rather than mod  ;)

Just an idea...

W

What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

dougiefresh

Quote from: laetabi on March 13, 2016, 02:00:03 PM
Could I suggest an improvement for all the dumb users around?   I have many  :o

1) Change the SMF icon for 'Insert Image' so that it gives members two options:

a) Enter Image Location... http:// (as now for selecting from an external hosting site or web page)
    b) Browse your computer... have the Browse button below this in the same window, just like it is for attachments

2) When using the Browse button and an image file is selected from their computer, use the Inline Attachments mod and the existing SMF code for uploading attachments to insert the BBC [ attachment = 1 ] etc, directly into the post where they have placed their cursor.
Let me see what I can do.  It'll probably be a while, since I'm working a bunch of hours at my job again. 

Regarding 1a, I believe that at least 2 mods already exist for this and/or similar functionality: Search for "image popup"...  O:)

Quote from: laetabi on March 13, 2016, 02:00:03 PM
Hopefully the knee is better. Appreciate this is a big ask but the user experience would be so much better. Really should be a feature of SMF rather than mod  ;)
Thank you!  My knee is much better, but I'm walking A LOT and am very sore from all the walking...  I agree that this functionality should be a default feature, but I don't think many other forums support it natively, either....

JerzyLS

How to remove an a href on an attachment?
I mean redirecting to the blank with attach on clicking.

dougiefresh

Quote from: JerzyLS on March 14, 2016, 03:53:34 PM
How to remove an a href on an attachment?
I mean redirecting to the blank with attach on clicking.
I'm sorry.  I don't understand what you are asking....

JerzyLS

Nevermind.

Not working in PM's for me.
I see [ Attachment ] only.

dougiefresh

Quote from: JerzyLS on April 12, 2016, 01:18:35 PM
Nevermind.

Not working in PM's for me.
I see [ Attachment ] only.
I'll see what I can do.

-Rock Lee-

I remain a doubt in the word "Count" Although concerning what this mod interpret it as "description" itself ... do not know if that was the idea but I think also good to have translated this -O.o I think I need a vacation to clear the mind hahah- I'll just let me say anything @dougiefresh :D

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Advertisement: