News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Post and PM Inline Attachments

Started by dougiefresh, July 26, 2014, 09:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Uploaded v4.15 - April 15th, 2016
o Added Spanish Latin translation by Rock Lee [BC].

@Rock Lee [BC]: Thank you for the translation.  There is also a XML file called language_english.xml that needs translating....

@Everybody:  This mod will be getting an overhaul in the near future, in order to address some flaws that dcmouser has already rewrote the code to address.  I just haven't had a good opportunity to incorporate (or understand) them.....

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: dougiefresh on April 15, 2016, 10:01:37 AM
@Rock Lee [BC]: Thank you for the translation.  There is also a XML file called language_english.xml that needs translating....

@dougiefresh Oh apology had not seen why not translated now I looked more closely and you attached!

Regards!

Edit: Try to translate best parts do not quite understand well just leave them however, also used in that way (I doubt that I try to make it as neutral as possible) ... Anything let me know :-[
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

dougiefresh

I've added the XML files you provided, then reuploaded the changed mod.  Thanks!

Grammy

I have default, SMF 2.0.11. 

My problem:  The "Insert Attachment 1" link next to the image I browse to does not respond to a click.  I just see "Javascript:void (0);" when I hover over it.  When I click "Post", the image will upload (just as it does here) but it appears beneath the message area (as attachments usually do) instead of within the message area.  (Please see attached screenshot.)

My mods are

1.) Image Floating to Left or Right BBCode
2.) Member Notepad
3.) SMF Gallery Lite
4.) Ohara YouTube Embed
5.) Ultimate Profile
6.) Tabbed smileys
7.) cbi 1.0 (Custom Board Icons)
8.) SMF Arcade
9.) SMF Articles
10.) Dynamic_Memberlist
11.)Post and PM Inline Attachments

All were installed with the package manager and all installed cleanly.  There are no forum errors.

The only thing of note is that when I did uninstall this mod through the package manager, afterward, I found a forum error stating that InlineAttachments.english.php couldn't be loaded.  This only appeared following the uninstallation; there were no errors before my decision to uninstall.  I had to remove that language file manually.  I've reinstalled it, again without errors, but as before, the link next to the browse field doesn't respond to a click and does not place the attachment BBC code into the message area.

Is this something you could help me with?   Thanks so much.

leemg

I just see "Javascript:void (0);" when I hover over it

ditto, same here.  :-\

dougiefresh

Let me see what I can do....  I'm sure it'll be one of the many things I fix in the next release....  :(
Quote from: dougiefresh on April 15, 2016, 10:01:37 AM
@Everybody:  This mod will be getting an overhaul in the near future, in order to address some flaws that dcmouser has already rewrote the code to address.  I just haven't had a good opportunity to incorporate (or understand) them.....

Grammy

Quote from: dougiefresh on May 08, 2016, 06:29:38 PM
Let me see what I can do....  I'm sure it'll be one of the many things I fix in the next release....  :(

I can uninstall temporarily and wait for the new release.  Thanks so much; I can see it's a great mod, barring this one issue, which I'm sure you'll be able to sort.  I really appreciate your efforts!   :)

dougiefresh

My life has been quite busy since my return to full duty after my knee surgery.  I haven't started on the next release yet...  Sorry.

Grammy

Quote from: dougiefresh on May 09, 2016, 11:44:06 AM
My life has been quite busy since my return to full duty after my knee surgery.  I haven't started on the next release yet...  Sorry.

Oh, that's very understandable!  We all need to remember that there's a real life outside the confines of these forums and that our mod authors actually have to cope with it the way we do.   :D

No worries and hope you're recovering well. 

svendsen

First of all, I will thank you for a great mod you have made, and put in alot of time in.

My problem is that I when I try to open a subject with Tapatalk, it wont load. This is just happening to subjects where the BB codes from your mod have been used.

Is there a work around this, as I can't remove the tapatalk function at this time, we have a lot of mobile users.
And with your mod, we are hoping to stop the Facebook leak we have been seeing for years now.

There is also a size issue. I had to mod the code, so that no pic would be shown bigger then 800x600. This would have been nice if I could controll trough the controll center. I do not like going in and changing others work. I have made enough code, that I try my best to respect others work.

Hope you can help med with the Tapatalk problem or guide me.

dougiefresh

Haven't forgotten about y'all, just been REALLY busy with work and a few other projects....

@svendsen: Sorry, but at this time, this mod does not work with Tapatalk....  I don't know if I will be able to make it compatible with Tapatalk, either.

Grammy

Quote from: dougiefresh on July 12, 2016, 07:12:20 PM
Haven't forgotten about y'all, just been REALLY busy with work and a few other projects....

You remind me of that guy I used to see on the Ed Sullivan Show when I was little.  He ran around spinning plates on these poles.

Slow down, Dougie, no worries.   :)

timidapsin

Quote from: dougiefresh on July 12, 2016, 07:12:20 PM

@svendsen: Sorry, but at this time, this mod does not work with Tapatalk....  I don't know if I will be able to make it compatible with Tapatalk, either.
Okay bro, i will keep on checking till you have time to fix it. God bless you :)

timidapsin

Hello anyone here, please i need help..
When a user clicks insert attachment 1, it insert's [attachment id=1 msg=new] into  the post box, is it possible to make it insert something like
[attachment=1] or [attachment=1][/attachment] instead.
please i need a reply from anyone  :-[ , thank you

dougiefresh

About a month ago, I've lost my job and have been severely depressed.  I need some help, so if you want to help, please do so!

I've uploaded this mod to GitHub here: https://github.com/douglasorend/Post_and_PM_Inline_Attachments

Gryzor

I'd like to install this mod, however up to now I've been working with ILA - InLine Attachments (the old one). I was just wondering, what would happen with my old attachments in the posts?

@dougiefresh: hope you're feeling better by now mate... we've all been there, hang on in there!!!!

dougiefresh

Quote from: Gryzor on September 26, 2016, 06:01:35 AM
I'd like to install this mod, however up to now I've been working with ILA - InLine Attachments (the old one). I was just wondering, what would happen with my old attachments in the posts?
The Post and PM Inline Attachments mod was designed to be compatible with that other mod.  That being said, there may be incompatibilities that I don't know about.  Please let me know of any problems that you encounter during your use!

Quote from: Gryzor on September 26, 2016, 06:01:35 AM
@dougiefresh: hope you're feeling better by now mate... we've all been there, hang on in there!!!!
Thanks!  Things are working themselves out.... Slowly, but surely.  2016 is the year of change for me!

Gryzor

Thanks for getting back to me! I actually wrote your previous post as I was writing mine, so I appreciate that you take the time to offer support...

I'll try installing it tomorrow and see what happens! Reason I want to get rid of ILA is that it throws thousands of errors in the logs, plus this mod replaces two others (for inline attachments AND PM attachments!)

Glad to hear it's going better, really am :)

dougiefresh

Quote from: Gryzor on September 26, 2016, 09:35:16 AM
I'll try installing it tomorrow and see what happens! Reason I want to get rid of ILA is that it throws thousands of errors in the logs, plus this mod replaces two others (for inline attachments AND PM attachments!)
It doesn't replace the PM attachments mod, rather it supplements the PM attachment mod to allow the PM system to show inline attachments....  I'm not duplicating the excellent PM attachments mod without the author's consent.  I'm also not going to try to write my own PM attachments system, as I don't think I could do any better than the PM attachment mod without duplicating (or risk being accused of duplicating) code from that mod....

Gryzor

Ah, thanks for the clarification :)

Ok, today I uninstalled ILA and installed your mod. Fixed permissions, but:

when posting the attachments system appears I can attach files, but the "insert attachment" link does nothing! As a result, they end up as just attachments, not inline... any ideas?

Worth mentioning that the mod installed without problems.

Advertisement: