Post and PM Inline Attachments

Started by dougiefresh, July 26, 2014, 09:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Quote from: brynn on July 29, 2015, 11:06:57 AM
Quote from: keyboard on July 28, 2015, 08:24:02 PM
Hi
I am having some problems trying to make this work.

That's how it's supposed to look in the message editor.  If you click Preview button, you will see an error message in the place where the attachment is supposed to be.

That's exactly the problem I reported.  I guess it can't be fixed right away.  However, after you post the message, the attachment will show up in the message.
Brynn, you nailed it!

Quote from: dan4ever on July 29, 2015, 12:07:35 PM
My Picture I send as attachment are turned left or right.
Are there a god way to turn pic after upload to the forum???
I guess I could add supporting code to utilize the BBCode With Style mod's parameters/functions in order to perform the necessary operations.....

Quote from: brynn on July 29, 2015, 11:11:56 AM
I need to report a different problem with this mod, for PM attachments. 

When you try inline PM in attachment, the attachment is at the bottom, and not inline.

In the place where the attachment is supposed to be, it says "[ Attachments has not been approved yet ]"

Does that mean that inline attachments are not supposed to work in PMs?

(Haven't had a chance to try the upgrade, but will as soon as I have a chance  :))
No, that's not the way the mod is supposed to work.  I've fixed it for the next version.

keyboard

Sorry for being such a pest , but I do not get an error message, I just get a blank white screen.............. and if I use the "Back " arrow, it will take me back to the message with no results...  I am on a MacBook Air if that is any help....

Please advise....

Ron
Слaва
Украинi

dougiefresh

Quote from: keyboard on July 29, 2015, 07:50:49 PM
Sorry for being such a pest , but I do not get an error message, I just get a blank white screen.............. and if I use the "Back " arrow, it will take me back to the message with no results...  I am on a MacBook Air if that is any help....

Please advise....

Ron
I have a feeling that the problem is a lack of memory.  Yesterday, I was notified of a potentally "fatal flaw" in SMF's bbcode parser, at least in relationship to this mod and others with lots of parameters, that php actually runs out of memory during the permutation stage of parsing this mod's bbcode....  In this particular situation, you would see one of two things: (1) a blank screen -> what you have, OR (2) an error message indicating an out-of-memory situation. 

I've got a workaround for this issue for this mod, but a better solution for this particular "fatal flaw" in SMF's bbcode parser needs to be found  :-[  I made a "match while permuting" function, but it doesn't handle the quotes tags for some reason during my testing....  I suspect a few more tags would not be processed by my modifications, either.....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.16 - July 30th, 2015
o Performance increase due to modification of parse_bbc function to deal with memory issue found.
o Rewrote to make border-style mandatory for use with border-width and border-color.
o Added ILA tags without border-style, border-width, or border-color parameters.
o Fixed issue where that borders weren't displayed correctly without float/margin paramters.

keyboard

Uninstalled and installed v3.16...    Success  :) :) :) :) :)   Thank you very much for all your effort and talents, this is one mod that I will be using everyday at all my sites......

Much appreciated
Ron
Слaва
Украинi

CrescentEclipse

Quote from: dougiefresh on July 24, 2015, 06:35:54 PM
Sure would.  It would make it easier to confirm which image you are wanting to use....  Plus I believe that thumbnails are generated regardless of whether they are shown in a post, but I'd have to dig through the code to make sure....

Okay, now I understand. I think this could be nice to have. But I think thumbnails are not generated if not enabled. Would this work with new attachments, because they are not uploaded at this time?

Hm, another question not related. Is it possible to make the mod a bit more multilanguage friendly? I want to translate it to german, but "Insert Attachment X" would be "Anhang X einfügen". Is it possible to move this number?

keyboard

Hi
Are there any restrictions as far as sizes, jpeg, pngs, pdf's.....etc....?      The reason I ask is I can upload a 8 kb (jpeg) file no problem but a 1.5  meg jpeg file will not work.   

Most of my files are 3 meg pdf's.....  Will this be a problem ?

Thanks
Ron
Слaва
Украинi

CrescentEclipse

The file size restriction has nothing to do with the mod. You can change the limit in admin menu (Forum / Attachments and Avatars).

dougiefresh

Quote from: CrescentEclipse on July 31, 2015, 05:23:15 PM
Hm, another question not related. Is it possible to make the mod a bit more multilanguage friendly? I want to translate it to german, but "Insert Attachment X" would be "Anhang X einfügen". Is it possible to move this number?
Sure, I can do that!  Anything else?

420Connect.co.uk

Hey dougie,

I've getting around to updating some of my mods and think something has gone a big iffy with the removal / update..

If you wouldn't mind having a look, I've attached my Post.php to have a spy! - I think the issue is somewhere in there  :-[

Many thanks as always!
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

dougiefresh

Quote from: 420connect.info on August 02, 2015, 02:54:16 PM
Hey dougie,

I've getting around to updating some of my mods and think something has gone a big iffy with the removal / update..

If you wouldn't mind having a look, I've attached my Post.php to have a spy! - I think the issue is somewhere in there  :-[

Many thanks as always!
What version of the mod are you running?

420Connect.co.uk

Supposed to be the newest. I previously had 2.7 installed..
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

dougiefresh

I've gotten my clean forum, installed with mod version 2.7, to uninstall correctly with the included file.  Hope this helps.....

420Connect.co.uk

Hmm,

with that one you had attached,  I'm getting:

QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function ILA_Remove_Attachment() in /Sources/Post.php on line 1755

when I try to save a post with an inserted pic and when I try to preview I get:

QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function ILA_Remove_Tags() in /Sources/Post.php on line 613

???

Quote from: dougiefresh on August 02, 2015, 04:29:59 PM
I've gotten my clean forum, installed with mod version 2.7, to uninstall correctly with the included file.  Hope this helps.....

Sorry I maybe wasn't clear on on last reply..

I am trying to install / use 3.16 but it appears removing 2.7 didn't seem to work as planned and I have some left overs..

CrescentEclipse

I tried to clean up your posted file. Can you please check if it works now?

420Connect.co.uk

:o Many Thanks CrescentEclipse, whatever you removed / added seems to have done the job!  ;D Thank youu!!

aegersz

that will come in handy but i just upload images manually and display with BBC's ("img" and "center").

does it upload images automatically ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

CrescentEclipse

No, not directly, but it uses attachments (which are uploaded files) to display images in your posts.

420Connect.co.uk

Okay, after a little playing around I noticed a few things were acting weird with that latest version..

I have now semi-solved the new issues that were created but I am back to where I was..

I have 2.7, not fully uninstalled but don't have 2.7 available to manually undo the changes.

Does anyone happen to have a copy I could get?  :-[

I've managed to remove the left overs from 2.7
Then install the new version and everything seems to be working as it should again, so far anyway!  :laugh:

dougiefresh

Advertisement: