Post and PM Inline Attachments

Started by dougiefresh, July 26, 2014, 09:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

NOTICE: In the nightly version found on GitHub, the SMF team has reworked the section of the parse_bbc function that used the permute function so that it no longer needs it, instead relying on a complete different implementation to address the issue brought up in the REPORT: Potentially "Fatal Flaw" in SMF's bbcode parser thread.....  In the next few days, I will release an update that will make that particular operation optional....

RSI

Doug,

I forgot to give you this feedback, but with the v2.1 betas it will only let you place 1 attachment in-line so there is a bug with this mod installed. If you try to add more attachments it doesn't work. Attach one file and save it, then go back and try to add another attachment and you will see the problem. Not sure whether it's that important at the moment since it's still in Beta mode, but that's what I noticed.

Anyway, I switched my board over to XenForo this weekend because I got tired of waiting for v2.1 and the lack of this essential built-in feature along with a couple others. I may eventually play around with v2.1 when it's finally released, but we will see. Might not be worth it though.

dougiefresh

dougiefresh

Uploaded v4.3 - September 9th, 2015
o Added MIME types for AVI and WMV files.
o SMF 2.1: Fixed Javascript issue where option to upload additional files wasn't available.
o SMF 2.1: Fixed formatting issue for download/viewed counts underneath inline attachments.
o SMF 2.1: Fixed missing clip icon underneath inline attachment in download/viewed counts.

Quote from: RSI on September 08, 2015, 02:07:05 PM
I got tired of waiting for v2.1 and the lack of this essential built-in feature along with a couple others.
Well, that's what mods are for, to fill in gaps that people need and/or request.  If you don't mind me asking, what other features are you wanting?  If they aren't already being done, I might be able to develop a mod for it.  Depending on the licensing of the related mod, features like PM attachments would naturally depend on either (1) the original mod author making the changes necessary to make their mod work with SMF 2.1 Beta x, or (2) a completely original version of the mod.....

Regarding your comment about built-in support, 2.1 is feature-locked and unlikely to have new features added to it.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v4.4 - September 11th, 2015
o Rewrote the code that puts the download counter and link underneath the inline attachment.
o Fixed issue where thumbnail image is still shown under post regardless of setting.
o Fixed issue where text under image is still shown under inline image regardless of setting.

Quote from: dougiefresh on September 09, 2015, 07:21:40 PM
Quote from: RSI on September 08, 2015, 02:07:05 PM
I got tired of waiting for v2.1 and the lack of this essential built-in feature along with a couple others.
Regarding your comment about built-in support, 2.1 is feature-locked and unlikely to have new features added to it.
Surprise, surprise....  A new topic was opened by CrescentEclipse: Inline multimedia (images/videos) in the Feature Requests board....

RSI

Quote from: dougiefresh on September 11, 2015, 09:31:18 AM
Surprise, surprise....  A new topic was opened by CrescentEclipse: Inline multimedia (images/videos) in the Feature Requests board....

Except for they still don't get it. See the quote below...

"We don't have the resources to waste trying to make it into a gallery when that is better handled with a mod - since many people would have no use for a gallery when all they want is a forum."

It has nothing to do with galleries. I tried a galley mod my boards twice, one with phpBB3 and the other with SMF and nobody except for one or two people ever even used it. Having inline attachments has nothing to do with galleries though. It has to do with the presentation with how someone presents a post in a topic like when they are trying to explain something and maybe technically related. In my case it has to do with posting schematics and other related images where you are describing something without having the reader needing to search through all of the attachments at the bottom of the post trying to figure out what is what.

Anyway, not getting on that soapbox again because it's a waste of time.

Take care...

brynn

Wow, up to version 4.4 now!

When I was giving previous feedback about SVG attachments, I never did try actually opening them.  And now that I have, it turns out they don't open when inline attachments is used.

But I'll install the newest version and try again.

Edit
Yes, installing the new version fixed it.  They can be opened now  :)

brynn

However, even with the new version, anytime someone views a topic with an inline attachment, it throws an error.  It looks like one error for each attachments, although I haven't confirmed it (since I don't know exactly what to look for).

Shall I post or send you some error messages?  Or are you already aware?

I can't handle this many errors coming through.  As nice as this attachment is, I'll have to uninstall it if these errors can't be fixed.

Thanks  :)

dougiefresh

Quote from: brynn on September 30, 2015, 06:37:07 AM
However, even with the new version, anytime someone views a topic with an inline attachment, it throws an error.  It looks like one error for each attachments, although I haven't confirmed it (since I don't know exactly what to look for).

Shall I post or send you some error messages?  Or are you already aware?
On my test forum (SMF 2.0.11), I am not getting any errors with only this mod installed.  Please post the error(s) so that I can research and try to fix them.

brynn

Yes, I'll be glad to post some errors.  But I'm not sure what info you need.  Here, I just manually highlighted everything inside a single error.  Is that good for what you need?  Should I mask any info?  Once I'm sure what to post, I can give you more errors.

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Guest
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 78.46.38.10 
     Reverse chronological order of list October 03, 2015, 03:14:17 AM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session a80a7a3f9b28765d3a6b9209b167cf8d
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://forum.inkscapecommunity.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=220.0
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined offset: 1
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/brynn/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-InlineAttachments.php
Line: 514

dougiefresh

I need the following information.  (The rest of what you provided is irrelevant.  :P )
Quote from: brynn on October 03, 2015, 06:32:02 AM
http://forum.inkscapecommunity.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=220.0
8: Undefined offset: 1
File: /home/brynn/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-InlineAttachments.php
Line: 514

Btw, I rewrote the code to eliminate this particular bug report.  Any others?

EDIT: If you are having an issue with a specific post, please indicate which one so that I can look at that specific post and see if I can figure out how to eliminate that problem....

brynn

Ok, since I installed the latest version, the only errors are coming from that same topic.  Only that topic, always Line 514. 

Aand, all the attachments in that topic were made before I ever installed this mod.  But let me check my other forum.

Ok yeah, there are some more errors in the other forum.  However, that forum was converted to SMF from a phpBB forum.  And I didn't do the conversion myself, so I can't answer questions about how anything was handled.

Would you like to still have a look at those errors?  Or does the fact it was converted make it hard or impossible to track down the errors?

brynn

Oh wait -- I haven't installed the current version in that forum yet.  So I'll do that, and I'll watch the next few days if there are more errors. 

Let me know if you can fix them or not, if the conversion makes it too hard, for some reason.

Thank you very much :)

dougiefresh

Uploaded v4.5 - October 3rd, 2015
o Fixed undefined offset error within "fix param order" function.

Quote from: brynn on October 03, 2015, 10:37:36 AM
Ok, since I installed the latest version, the only errors are coming from that same topic.  Only that topic, always Line 514. 
Okay, cool!  That error has (hopefully) been taken care of....

Would you like to still have a look at those errors?
Once you get the current version installed on that forum, send me the error messages that occur ONLY if they still occur with the latest version.  Thanks for the bug report!

Or does the fact it was converted make it hard or impossible to track down the errors?
Maybe, maybe not....  Depends on what the errors are....

svobodniy

SMF 2.0.11   +   Post_and_PM_Inline_Attachments_v4.5   (installed without errors)

Creating post:

After saving post:

No one {parameter}={value} is saving.

dougiefresh

I'll fix it when I get home today.  I'm work right now....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v4.6 - October 4th, 2015
o Fixed erroneous v4.5 update where ILA tag parameters were removed.

@svobodniy: I'm sorry about that.  I've been dealing with the passing of a relative....

svobodniy

Quote from: dougiefresh on October 04, 2015, 07:20:31 PM
@svobodniy: I'm sorry about that.  I've been dealing with the passing of a relative....
Don't apologize. Thanks for the correction.

8)

Yahmez

Hello!

I'm having an issue where if you try to preview a post with an inline attachment (before posting) it shows the attachment as:
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
It does seem to preview fine if you post it and edit it later then preview.
I am using version 4.6 of your mod and SMF 2.0.11 and it installed without errors.

Thanks for your help and the great mod.

dougiefresh

Quote from: Yahmez on October 05, 2015, 10:11:51 PM
Hello!

I'm having an issue where if you try to preview a post with an inline attachment (before posting) it shows the attachment as:
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
It does seem to preview fine if you post it and edit it later then preview.
I am using version 4.6 of your mod and SMF 2.0.11 and it installed without errors.
This is a known issue and hasn't been fixed yet.

Advertisement: