News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Post and PM Inline Attachments

Started by dougiefresh, July 26, 2014, 09:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Quote from: brynn on November 12, 2015, 10:03:58 PM
QuoteHowever, someone might want to allow people to download the original image, for whatever purpose, and this option allows them to do so easily....
I don't understand that.  I can download an image from an inline attachment, assuming I have the option for showing the download link enabled.  Hhmmm....even if I disable showing a download link, I can still download the image/file from inline attachment.
Well, I don't know how to phrase it any differently so that you understand.  I've forgotten why I added the option in the first place and I'm not going to remove it.  Use it or ignore it.  Either way, get over it.

Wait....my current version is 4.9.  But the version available for download is 4.12.  Can that be correct?  Should be 5.12?
Nope.  Version 4.12 is the latest version as of this post.  Btw, why would it be 5.12 anyways?

dougiefresh

@420Connect.co.uk:  I can't reproduce the issue with mod version 4.12.  You can put the contents of the post you're having problems with in quotes so that I can see if I can reproduce the issue....  Or if you want, PM me with account info..... 

dougiefresh

Uploaded v4.13 - November 15th, 2015
o Rewrote ILA admin page so that hopefully the ILA tags are modified correctly.
o Fixed potential issue with adjusting ILA tags with attachment IDs greater than 9.
o Made changes suggested by dcmouser to code using HighSlide for SMF (HS4SMF) mod.
o Added message during post preview to indicate attachment has not been uploaded yet.
o Adjusted admin page because some servers error on trying to retrieve latest mod version.
o Modified permission checking code so that the board permissions can be properly used.
o Fixed issue where global language variable was overwritten by ILA_Invalid_Tags function.
o Fixed a few typecasting issues found which caused a few problems on some servers.
o Fixed error message where array was passed instead of integer value in loop.

@Everybody:  Many of the modifications in this release are a result of my examination of dcmouser's modifications to my mod.  It unfortunately is a much older version of the mod (appears to be version 3.15), which complicates things.   :-*  Thank you, dcmouser!

@dcmouser:  All of your modifications haven't been included yet.  I'm still digging through the file in order to figure out what all you did....  Thank you!

@420Connect.co.uk: I see what your forum is doing, and I have no explanation for the WHY it is doing that....  Since I can't reproduce it on my localhost forum, I rewrote part of the ILA admin page to attempt to avoid double execution of the ILA_Admin_Adjust function.  Hopefully, this solves the issue here....

dougiefresh

UPDATE: I received a request for automatic modification of boilerplates and have implemented it.  It is undergoing some testing at the moment, but it will appear in the next version (whenever it comes out)....

brynn

Quote from: dougiefresh on November 13, 2015, 03:04:43 PM
QuoteHowever, someone might want to allow people to download the original image, for whatever purpose, and this option allows them to do so easily....
I don't understand that.  I can download an image from an inline attachment, assuming I have the option for showing the download link enabled.  Hhmmm....even if I disable showing a download link, I can still download the image/file from inline attachment.
Well, I don't know how to phrase it any differently so that you understand.  I've forgotten why I added the option in the first place and I'm not going to remove it.  Use it or ignore it.  Either way, get over it.

I apologize if I've done or said something wrong.

Wait....my current version is 4.9.  But the version available for download is 4.12.  Can that be correct?  Should be 5.12?
Nope.  Version 4.12 is the latest version as of this post.  Btw, why would it be 5.12 anyways?

The various versions I've installed and tested, start with 3.17, and in order go up to 4.4, 4.6, 4.7, and 4.9.  I'm not very tech-savvy, and I've never seen versions of any software released with version numbers that go anything but upwards.  Based on that simple observation, I just thought it might have been a simple typographical error.  That's all.

Again, I apologize for whatever I did wrong.

dougiefresh

Quote from: brynn on November 16, 2015, 03:57:08 AM
Quote from: dougiefresh on November 13, 2015, 03:04:43 PM

I apologize if I've done or said something wrong.
No, you haven't done anything wrong.  I've been having a bad week at that point, so I apologize for the rudeness of my response.  I don't know why someone would want that option, seems redundant to me, but it's there if they do.  Yeah, I get that there are other ways to download the image, including right-click on the inline attachment image.  And I personally hate it when options I use disappear from either apps (personal experience with reflashing my phone with a different rom) or mods.... That's all I meant by that.  I'm sorry.

Quote from: brynn on November 16, 2015, 03:57:08 AM

The various versions I've installed and tested, start with 3.17, and in order go up to 4.4, 4.6, 4.7, and 4.9.  I'm not very tech-savvy, and I've never seen versions of any software released with version numbers that go anything but upwards.  Based on that simple observation, I just thought it might have been a simple typographical error.  That's all.

Again, I apologize for whatever I did wrong.
Oh, I understand now.  I've just been incrementing the minor version number (major.minor), unless something MAJOR occurs in the code that warrants upgrading to a whole new major version number.  It generally has to be something big, or a bunch of big and small changes....  But yeah, I see now where one might get confused by my version numbers....

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: dougiefresh on November 15, 2015, 06:53:34 PM
UPDATE: I received a request for automatic modification of boilerplates and have implemented it.  It is undergoing some testing at the moment, but it will appear in the next version (whenever it comes out)....

Many thanks again for adding this in and I've found your other message and replied via PM! :)
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

dougiefresh

Uploaded v4.14 - Movember 21st, 2015
o Added support for the "Boilerplates for Posts" mod to update ILA tags used.
o Modified ILA_Admin_Adjust to attempt to avoid incorrect of post messages.

@420connect.co.uk:  This update should solve the problems you reported.  Thank you for the bug reports and assistance!

RSI

Are you guys still working on this mod? Two words; messy and cumbersome. It's more trouble that what it's worth.

Just switch to XenForo v1.5 and the problem is gone. It will fully import your SMF 2.x databases.

I see Arantor finally gave up on all of this nonsense back last April and disappeared. What does that tell you?

Nevertheless good luck...

dougiefresh

Quote from: RSI on November 28, 2015, 05:04:56 PM
Are you guys still working on this mod?
Yes, it is still being developed.  Primarily me trying to fix bug reports as they come in.....

Two words; messy and cumbersome.
:o How?  If you think you can do a better job, write your own mod.

It's more trouble that what it's worth.
>:( Says who?  You?  I write mods for fun, not because you think it's not worth doing.  I also noticed that you've written exactly ZERO mods....  (or at least have ZERO mods published...  For all I know, you could have submitted a million mods, all of which have been rejected  :P )  I, on the other hand, have FORTY THREE mods published in the Customization area (my profile)

Just switch to XenForo v1.5 and the problem is gone. It will fully import your SMF 2.x databases.
::) Yup, jumping from free software to something you have to pay annually is what everybody wants to do....

I see Arantor finally gave up on all of this nonsense back last April and disappeared. What does that tell you?
O:) That Arantor is busy doing something else.....  Duh.

:o Um.... I'd say "thanks", but it really sounds more like a backhanded comment than an actual sincere statement....

Colin

Are you guys still working on this mod? Two words; messy and cumbersome. It's more trouble that what it's worth.

Dougie is a volunteer who works tirelessly to develop and support his modifications. You are welcome to suggest that the modification doesn't suit your purposes, but please be mindful about going too far and attacking the efforts of the mod's author. If you find specific issues with it why not report them? Dougie historically has responded to nearly every report and implemented reasonable changes to address them.

On behalf of the SMF Team and the community, thanks for what you do, Dougie.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

brynn

Quote from: Colin on November 28, 2015, 11:46:10 PM
On behalf of the SMF Team and the community, thanks for what you do, Dougie.

Ditto   :laugh:

njtweb

Hey Dougie, love this mod. You helped me get it working on my site last year. I see you've made a few modifications. Should I upgrade? If I do will all of the current inline attachments be lost?

Thanks

dougiefresh

Quote from: njtweb on December 07, 2015, 06:54:16 AM
Should I upgrade?
If you are experiencing issues with the mod, then yes, you definitely should upgrade.  There have been multiple bug fixes in the mod.  However, without knowing what version you have, it is hard to advise on whether you should or should not upgrade, just because....  :P  I've attached the changelog for mod version 4.14 to this post, so that you have some idea of what has happened.....

Quote from: njtweb on December 07, 2015, 06:54:16 AM
If I do will all of the current inline attachments be lost?
No, the current inline attachments are just tags that the bbcode parser processes.  The inline attachments that you are using are stored in the attachments table, and when the mod is uninstalled, the inline attachments will show up under the post as if they weren't inline anymore.  Once you install the new version, they will become inline again.

njtweb

No, no problems at all. Here's what I got.

SMF 2.0.10
Post and PM Inline Attachments   3.8

Thanks

dougiefresh

If I was you, I would upgrade the forum software to 2.0.11, and the mod to the current version, which I believe is v4.14....  (I worked over 12 hours today and am tired....)

asmith

Hello dougiefresh!

There's a bug for SMF 2.1 beta 2, using v4.14.

If you are using the WYSIWYG editor (sceditor since SMF 2.1), clicking on "(insert attachment 1)", doesn't insert anything. It could insert something just to let the user know it has been inserted. But it doesn't do anything like nothing has been clicked. (so the user have to swich to BBC and insert it there and then again switch back to WYSIWYG)

ZamaTata

Quote from: dougiefresh on November 28, 2015, 06:34:51 PM

It's more trouble that what it's worth.
>:( Says who?  You?  I write mods for fun, not because you think it's not worth doing.  I also noticed that you've written exactly ZERO mods....  (or at least have ZERO mods published...  For all I know, you could have submitted a million mods, all of which have been rejected  :P )  I, on the other hand, have FORTY THREE mods published in the Customization area (my profile)

::) Yup, jumping from free software to something you have to pay annually is what everybody wants to do....

I think this guy is working on commission.. first he says your mod is messy and then straight away discard the whole forum.. I wonder why he is posting in the forum, he should be using his (I have never heard of until today) forum.. I am sure he is one of them.. because there better paid forums than his xboro forum like vBulletin..

If you can not make any contribution to a project at least have the decency to appreciate the efforts of those who are atleast doing something.. in this case with 42 mods you gotta be kidding me .

thanks Dougie I use few of your Mods..

njtweb

LOL, Troll trying to get us to change from SMF to subscription based bulletin board. When I need something customized I pay the awesome members here to develop them for me, and they always work as promised.

dougiefresh

I appreciate y'all telling me this!  It gives me reason to help more....  Especially in the spirit of the season!  :P

Advertisement: