Size of logo automatic adjusting to screen size

Started by Auke, July 27, 2014, 11:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auke

I just had a look at my forum on a computer with a larger screen and I noticed that the logo (an edited photo) was unsharp because it was shown much larger than on my laptop. I actually shrunk the logo because it showed much to large (especially to high) on the laptop I usually work on. Is there a possibility to make or install the logo in such a way that it automatically adjusts to the screen / forum width? E.g. always being half as wide as the forum itself? This would enable me to make the logo again but in a higher resolution, thus being sharp regardless the screen size.

shadow82x

Theme name? Link to your site?

If you have a set width/height for your logo it should be a consistent sharpness across the board. (ie its 500 pixels width on every resolution)
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Auke

2.0.8, default theme: www.guianasnatureforum.org

I just had another look on this other computer and I found that the owner has changed the screen resolution to show everything bigger. I suspect he doesn't want to wear his reading glasses. The text of my forum becomes bigger, the screen itself stays of course the same width but the page-width stays completely within the screen. This results in my logo also taking more of the width of my forum. So it's just the fault of this computers settings.

Still, it would be nice if I could put a relatively high resolution logo in the forum which stays the same relative size to the text etc., but becomes more detailed as the computer on which it is shown allowes it. I mean that if the text etc. is shown larger, the logo becomes not only larger too, but also gains in detail because it can be shown on a larger amount of pixels. But maybe I'm just wishing too much now. ::)

shadow82x

I mean there is a way to define a certain percent for width and height, but I'd imagine it would cause further distortion.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Auke

Thanks for your comment mcblaber. I'll leave it as it is than.

Auke

Thank you for the link and the work you've put into making that topic. However, it is coding and that's something I really shouldn't try. I know me... ;)

Advertisement: