News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Embedding youtube videos

Started by meemzo, July 27, 2014, 09:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meemzo

Please tell me there is a consistent way to embed youtube videos into a post.  My site will need to use this function, A LOT.  Aeva is hit and miss and too inconsistent to rely on.  I've never known a forum not to have an embed code.  Maybe a different editor?  Please help!

Kindred

Aeva works just fine for me...

But there are at last 4 other YouTube embed mods.  Try using search on the mod site?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

meemzo

They don't support or they don't work.  Tried simple embedder, avea, SCEditor.  Nothing works.  I can't believe I basically built the whole site only to find out something as simple as embedding videos is going to negate weeks worth of work.  Sad day.

Kindred

I don't believe you.... Since  hundreds of people are using those mods just fine..
And I am using Aeva on 5 different sites with no issues.

Pick one and then post your specific issues in the support thread for that mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MidasBalaa

I use Aeva too. Works like charm. I would recommend it to anybody. Your users will love it too as it is very easy to use. Just post your Youtube video links and leave everything else to the mod. Awesome!

kat

Telling us that they don't work, isn't, really, helpful.

If we knew more, we might be able to help.

If your host has mod_security enabled, that might screw things, as would your host not giving you full CHOWN ownership of your files.

Without information, all we can do, is make some wild guesses.

Steve

Simple Audio Video Embedder works a treat so as the guys above said there's something amiss at your end. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

meemzo

I'll try to be more specific even though I originally posted that it is hit and miss.  I made some posts where the video embeds just fine.  Tried again and the only that posted was the link.  I am running the most current version of mod and SMF. 

Illori

i bet some of the links you posted were https vs http, if you search in the mods support thread for the mod you want to use there should be a fix if it is not part of the mod by default.

Kindred

also note...   I believe that both AEVA and SAVE allow the admin to set the MAXIMUM number of embeds on a single page...   which means that any videos posted in the thread after you hit that max will show as links.

This is why you really need to ask for support with individual mods directly in the thread dedicated to supporting that mod -- because each mod has a various set of configuration options which many people who provide support may not know unless they actually use that specific mod.
Слaва
Украинi

meemzo

Thank you all, that helps very much.  I'll check out all of your suggestions.

vbgamer45

SAVE doesn't have max emeds setting

I would like to see the youtube link that is not embeding
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

meemzo

This mod finally worked for me. Ohara YouTube Embed.  Thanks to the developer!

Advertisement: