News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Many errors after move

Started by DarkAngel612, July 28, 2014, 01:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

various packages and various themes

I had to move to a new server/host and we now have a dedicated server.

These are but a few:

There are 113 undefined errors in the error log

Undefined index: subjectcopy
File: /home/xxx/public_html/attic/Sources/Who.php
Line: 730

Undefined variable: ip
File: /home/xxx/public_html/attic/Sources/httpBL_Subs.php
Line: 519

http://thefantasiesattic.net/attic/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=0
Unable to load the 'wap2_tpdl_main' template.

All smf was manually uploaded fresh 2.0.8 the packages reinstalled from fresh uploads. There has been one thing after another and the above is just a bit.

Our spell checker is also kaput. It underlines in red the wrongly spelled words but when you click the button for spell check you are greeted with a white page and nothing on it. No php error log on server, nothing in the cache folder for errors, no errors for this in admin of forums either.

This is server wide for all the domains that have a forum can not do spell check.

I have run repair_settings and it really doesn't let me know if it did its thing since it gives the progress bar then you are greeted with the main page again, so I can only guess it worked right.

Should I remove all the files for SMF yet again, reinstall all the packages again? Oh yes I forgot, host said that pspell (something like that) is installed.

We are speedy and no errors when posting anymore just these annoying ones in the admin section.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

DarkAngel612

Progress update

Spel check is functioning again..seems the poor thing was hungry...it was left uneducated...no dictionaries were installed. Now they are and it works again...if only the rest was so easy...I think the wpa error may be when our members use their cell phones to view the forum. we have just your normal themes and no responsive ones.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Justyne

Undefined variable: ip

This sounds like an error with the httpBL mod you have. Did it give you any error messages on installation? Any files it failed to modify?
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

DarkAngel612

nope it did not, the only one that gave an error was 1 that was for  RC# or 4 can't remember, once I used the emulate option it installed perfectly.

and the tiny portal that could not edit the querystring file

margarett

These are all non-standard SMF variables, so it's a bit hard to track what's happening.

Let's go step by step...
Quote from: DarkAngel612 on July 28, 2014, 04:35:24 AM
And did you install nevertheless?

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on July 28, 2014, 01:00:31 AM
Can you please name them?

QuoteUndefined index: subjectcopy
That's not a default SMF string so the list of MODs comes handy ;)

QuoteI have run repair_settings and it really doesn't let me know if it did its thing since it gives the progress bar then you are greeted with the main page again, so I can only guess it worked right.
It probably did, if things are working, overall. But repair_settings doesn't give you any progress bar. And the latest version gives you a green info box when your settings are successfully applied.

Quotehttp://thefantasiesattic.net/attic/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=0
This is something related to TP that you really need to address with their creators...

QuoteUndefined variable: ip
Can it be this issue with the MOD?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=366399.msg3327443#msg3327443
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

DarkAngel612

Quote from: margarett on July 28, 2014, 05:21:12 AM
These are all non-standard SMF variables, so it's a bit hard to track what's happening.

Let's go step by step...
Quote from: DarkAngel612 on July 28, 2014, 04:35:24 AM
And did you install nevertheless?

Yes but went in and manually did the edit myself

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on July 28, 2014, 01:00:31 AM
Can you please name them?

The image i supplied is the list of packages and the themes are:

ambassador_2_0
blazedark_20
Blue_Moonlight_SMF2
core
GamerZ
Insidious-2UD022013
WWW_20

QuoteUndefined index: subjectcopy
That's not a default SMF string so the list of MODs comes handy<$1alt="" title="" onresizestart="return false;" id="smiley__$2" style="padding: 0 3px 0 3px;" />

see above answer

QuoteI have run repair_settings and it really doesn't let me know if it did its thing since it gives the progress bar then you are greeted with the main page again, so I can only guess it worked right.
It probably did, if things are working, overall. But repair_settings doesn't give you any progress bar. And the latest version gives you a green info box when your settings are successfully applied.

I clicked the save setting and I thought it gave me a progress type thing in body but right now I tried it again and got this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/xxx/public_html/attic/Settings.php on line 51

That sections reads like this on all our forums and is the bracket in between the codes in the  Error Caching area: BTW, I never have gotten any type of file in the cache folder.

header('Location: http' . (!empty($_SERVER['HTTPS']) && strtolower($_SERVER['HTTPS']) == 'on' ? 's' : '') . '://' . (empty($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) ? $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] . (empty($_SERVER['SERVER_PORT']) || $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] == '80' ? '' : ':' . $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT']) : $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) . (strtr(dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), '\\', '/') == '/' ? '' : strtr(dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), '\\', '/')) . '/install.php'); exit;

}

# Make sure the paths are correct... at least try to fix them.
if (!file_exists($boarddir) && file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/agreement.txt'))
    $boarddir = dirname(__FILE__);
if (!file_exists($sourcedir) && file_exists($boarddir . '/Sources'))
    $sourcedir = $boarddir . '/Sources';
if (!file_exists($cachedir) && file_exists($boarddir . '/cache'))
    $cachedir = $boarddir . '/cache';

?>

Quotehttp://thefantasiesattic.net/attic/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=0
This is something related to TP that you really need to address with their creators...

QuoteUndefined variable: ip
Can it be this issue with the MOD?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=366399.msg3327443#msg3327443

I will check later about the httpbl mod and tiny portal people.

I was thinking that maybe if the settings file got messed up I could remove them/run the installer again then reapply my database if needed (i would do a backup of it anyway) but would running the installer or updater file remove all the information from the tables?

Or I could install a fresh copy of smf then just use the settings files by changing the information to match these that are not behaving right?

Kindred

Settings.php only has the basic information about the forum itself. No mod information is EVER stored in Settings.php

if your mods have their own configurations that require paths or urls - then repair_settings.php will NOT fix that...  you have to manually change all settings for mods after a move.

However, your errors are not "file not found" errors... Your errors are undefined inde...   which usually means that the mod was not fully applied.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DarkAngel612

progress update:

I had to remove the bit about install.php section from settings.php becasue after trying the repair_settings again to see what it does....the sites would not load cause they were looking for the install.php

obviously it is not there on server anymore.

so they are loading again and am wondering if that was why they have so many errors ?

Kindred

??? ?? ?? ??

why didn't you follow the instructions in the FAQ on how to move your site?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DarkAngel612

How I moved the site was to upload fresh files to the new server/host but used my settings files from old server/host then after installation I imported the database to my forums

I did it this way because we were having so many issues with the old host that they were unwilling to listen to the legwork answers given to help them find out what was wrong...they would insist the best thing to do was delete things from our forum/gallery and backup daily/ and change the db from myisam to innodb tables but mainly getting rid of files cause the db was getting too big.

I figured that  is just not sounding right cause there are many sites that are 10 times larger and do not get rid of files/posts/images unless they had to reinstall all due to loss of database or total new software than what they had.

coupled with increasing slowness, site stalls and disappearances it was better to go with a new host and a dedicated server...so we did.

Illori

sounds like you had an oversold host before... i bet you dont even require a dedicated server and a shared host without being oversold could have handled your forum just fine.

DarkAngel612

the advantage though with our dedicated server...

1. our store is growing so many zips are living here...virtual so no actual items just zips and those are sometimes large.

2. many art work pieces from the members so they have room to grow larger...LOL

3. the best in my eyes......if anything goes awry like ti did with previous host we know it is us not coflicts with others

the other host  said we were too large and needed to trim down in order to not get errors.... they did not consider moving us since they had just migrated our previous server to another server just 6 months or so ago.....we only have about 400+ members on the largest forum so I thought they were full of it.

any anomalies are not due to having others on the server....LOL

can be helpful or not but we gots our dedicated one so all our domains live on it...and maybe even a member or two can have a home for their sites too.

Funny thing is that with the move and all the woes following  the move I have discovered files that should not have been where they were ( duplicates from the ones that are in the right spot ), little things like that so I wonder if when they migrated us -- without warning it was done then we were told-- that is when those things got misplace/duplicated

Things did start to mess up about a few weeks at most after the migration...my theory any way I could be wrong

Deaks

DarkAngel612, do you still need help with this?

I have marked this as solved as its been a few weeks if thats not true please update us on the situation.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

DarkAngel612

thank you. we are still getting some errors but I think most are when the search engines either can't find something or just don't like the code. After we get more settled, still fixing the site up, then I will return with any errors found in the admin/log area.

Advertisement: