News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Issue in upgrading!

Started by Atyen, July 28, 2014, 06:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atyen

I am not able to upgrade SMF 2.0.6 to 2.0.7.
Please can anyone help me?

Irisado

Apologies for the double move, I put it in the wrong place the first time.

Could you please provide more details?  Are you getting errors?  If so, what are they?
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

kat

Might help if we know HOW you're trying to do the update, too. :)

It should be done via Package Manager.

Welcome to the forum, too!

MidasBalaa

Make sure that you have the right package. I would recommend the large upgrade as it works for most people if you have mods installed. For a detailed tutorial on upgrading see this wiki http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

Another thing, remember to back up everything.

margarett

Should not need the large upgrade as it will make him loose all MODs. From 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 the patch upgrade is really the best way to to.

We really need to know why exactly is it failing ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Atyen

I downloaded large update. I uploaded all the files abd folder. But only folders are uploading not the files!

kat

Quote from: K@ on July 28, 2014, 06:51:23 AMIt should be done via Package Manager.

I hope you have a backup...

Atyen

I used ftp client and yes I have a backup!
And sorry I want to upgrade from 2.0.6 to 2.0.8.(wrote 2.0.7 by mistake)

kat

YAY! Good lad!

If you restore the backup, you can go to your admin panel and get the updates, from there.

Or, get these and install them in the same way that you'd install mods:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/downloads/smf_patch_2.0.7.tar.gz

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/downloads/smf_patch_2.0.8.zip

(Install them in the right order)

Kindred

to do the upgrade form 2.0.6 to 2.0.8, you should have just used the package manager and gone from 6 -> 7 -> 8.

By using the large upgrade, you have overwritten your files...  which means that you have lost all mods etc.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Atyen

Quote from: Kindred on July 28, 2014, 07:20:49 AM
to do the upgrade form 2.0.6 to 2.0.8, you should have just used the package manager and gone from 6 -> 7 -> 8.

By using the large upgrade, you have overwritten your files...  which means that you have lost all mods etc.

I have sent u a PM. Please read and reply.

Kindred

Please do not do that in the future. (See my signature?)

I have moved your thread to help wanted.
I do not currently have the time to do anything for your site.

edit - oops... no, I didn't move this thread, apparently...   never mind that line above.
However - the rest is still true.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: