News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Add addthis

Started by konstantinos2424, July 28, 2014, 06:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

konstantinos2424

Hello, I want to add addthis to my forum but I don't know in which file I should add the code! (I want the bar to be displayed on every page in my forum, the tool I want to use is called sharing sidebar). Any help please? :)

margarett

It seems the only current MOD that supports AddThis is
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2594

Which is not quite what you want to have...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

I really couldn't encourage AddThis. Stuff like Google Analytics is bad enough for tracking purposes, but AddThis is truly nasty.

EDIT: Source - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/07/22/canvas_fingerprinting_is_privacy_pirates_new_web_weapon/

konstantinos2424

So there is no way to have addthis like nvidia for example? and not only in posts?

konstantinos2424

Well a lot webmasters uses Addthis so I don't thing that a small website like mine will hurt the privacy of users when there are many ways to track their actions. Also I want Addthis only for its sharing options rather than statistics purposes  :)

Arantor

The statistics purposes are not for your benefit. It's for THEIR benefit, compromising user privacy.

konstantinos2424

Well anyway i managed to fix it without the mod and when I'll find time I will check the article about privacy and addthis! :) Thank you for the info!

Arantor

Personally I'd have thought checking the article before implementing it - so you can make an informed decision before doing any work - would have been smarter, since you may now decide to remove it, but it's your call.

konstantinos2424

Well, my forum is under construction, so it is not important for now i think, i would reconsider about it before i release it!  :)

Advertisement: