Remove forum name from menu.

Started by SaltedWeb, July 28, 2014, 02:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

Using smf 2.05 on a site we have,
Looking to remove forum name from menu.
We would end up with a large list of categories, so rather then have one forum button go to the large forum.
I am creating menus with subs menus to point to those areas.  Tested it and works fine but having the forum button is now redundant since there will be several options to get there on the same menu.

I tried a fix found at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=517034.msg3657371#msg3657371
but it gave syntax errors.  I did this once before but forgot where it was to remove it.

Thanks
:)

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

kat

* K@ tries to guess what the errors were...

... and fails. :(

That edit should work, unless the file's been modified.

SaltedWeb

Quote from: K@ on July 28, 2014, 04:10:08 PM
* K@ tries to guess what the errors were...

... and fails. :(

That edit should work, unless the file's been modified.

Hi there, I just manually inserted " green": sub.php

'show' => in_array($modSettings['sp_portal_mode'], array(1, 3)) && empty($context['disable_sp']),
'show' => false,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),

That seemed to work
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I m not sure why do you want to remove that at the first place. If you are using simple portal you can actually choose for it to be integrated instead of using frontpage. It will remove forum in menu and replace home with normal index (boardindex) page. The menu is added simply to show additional frontpage to forum and differentiate between them.

SaltedWeb

:)
Quote from: ahrasis on July 28, 2014, 09:29:19 PM
I m not sure why do you want to remove that at the first place. If you are using simple portal you can actually choose for it to be integrated instead of using frontpage. It will remove forum in menu and replace home with normal index (boardindex) page. The menu is added simply to show additional frontpage to forum and differentiate between them.

I am adding menus with subs to point to categories in the forum, having the form link there then made no sense would just take up unused space.
So now my top menu will got to areas of the forum , not the whole forum.
It allows me and very easy way to setup something like PMx-Subforums does without the long hassle of setups in cpanel
I have it setup testing and works well .

Hope that helps answer your question . :)

Advertisement: