Is there an option to not use codes for HTM, Pictures etc?

Started by SaltedWeb, July 29, 2014, 01:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

Is there an option to not use codes for links, Pictures etc?

I have some people that do not understand the copy and pasting the codes
for pictures and links in between the code bars. I have Xenforo on one site and it has a very easy system.
Is there anything like that for SMF, I have always just used the code.
But members are always asking how to post pictures no matter how many times I repeat it
some do not get it.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

kat

Buggy as it is, what about using the WYSIWYG editor?

SaltedWeb

Hmm not even sure where that is, I do not use it. Is that a mod or built in setting ?
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Arantor

I'm probably going to regret asking but what *exactly* did you imagine would be possible?

SaltedWeb

I was thinking it would solve world peace. :P

I guess members would like something that had a input screen that you copy pasted.
I know I know, it seems pretty easy as it is.  But in VM and XF it has these neat little boxes that pop up
making it easier to just put in there.  Yep, I realize its the same as inserting it the tags.
But some reason allot of people like that other setup. Me I don't care. But Been asked enough times thought id
ask.

But, if you do solve that whole world peace thing,??? Id be appreciative hehe.

Arantor

And there aren't any mods for that (look for img popup)

Eh, I can't solve smaller issues than world peace because I'm not allowed to bang heads together violently enough.

kat

Quote from: Diamondcomputer on July 29, 2014, 02:29:53 PM
Hmm not even sure where that is, I do not use it. Is that a mod or built in setting ?

Check your profile. Look and Layout.

It needs to be enabled, in Admin>Posts and Topics>Post Settings.

SaltedWeb

Hi there, gees all this time never knew that was there lol.
Thank you . That was the ticket.

Advertisement: