Applied and Declined Requests

Started by Mstcool, July 29, 2014, 01:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mstcool

Hey guys,

Im sorry if this is the wrong board I have posted in cuz I have no idea where to post this. So anyways, for this board: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=38.0

Why not just make two boards; applied requests and declined requests? It will make it easier for people to know which requests are gonna be added and which won't? Just curious to know.

Thanks,
-Mstcool.

Arantor

No point creating more boards than necessary. It's really quite clear from most topics what the state of play is anyway.

Shambles

The board could be renamed "Closed requests" and still retain its meaning, I guess.

Kindred

Quote from: ‽ on July 29, 2014, 01:40:24 PM
No point creating more boards than necessary. It's really quite clear from most topics what the state of play is anyway.
What he said...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mstcool

Oh, ok. And thanks for moving this to the right board. :)

Jade Elizabeth

I actually agree with Mstcool. Maybe a tag or icon change? That would be nicer so we can tell.

Hell, make a button "denied" or "applied" and have it move the topic once clicked, changing the tag too.
I just solved all your problems ever. You can thank me later ha ha :P.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Arantor

Which means having to add yet more code to this site that makes upgrading harder. That is not a fight you're going to win, unless it's me writing it :P

Jade Elizabeth

Well chop chop, get to work! Use hooks, then it should be a simple case of making it move and changing the icon to an unlisted one or forcing a prefix ha ha :D. (Love you :-*)
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Justyne

What what, someone flirting with my Interrobang! Oh the envy!

I don't think it's worth the effort. People suggest similar things over and over. The problem is not that they don't know the status or a request, but rather that no searching is being done in the first place.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Arantor

Jade's allowed to flirt, darling, but you know where my affections lie <3

The problem with doing it with hooks is that you actually can't. There simply aren't the hooks to do it in 2.0. I'm not even sure they're in 2.1 either off hand. Unless you do some seriously egregious hook abuse and pre-empt actions the way the helpdesk manages to squeeze itself into the unread page without there being a hook in the unread page.

A prefix mod is also on my to-do list though (and yes, probably $15 when it's done and able to be sold ready to go)

Douglas

Since no one has even said or done this yet...

* Douglas chuckles

(All kidding aside, I think this is actually a good idea, along the lines of the Topic Solved mod, though)

Wow, that was interesting. I did an inline edit (the one above the IP addy) and it created a whole separate reply. Let's see if this does the same. I must've done a brain fart somewhere.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Mstcool

The only reason I suggested this is cuz some people ain't got time to go over the replies to see if the request is applied or declined. When I first looked at the board, I was surprised cuz of some of the requests cuz I thought they were all applied until I read the board name again lol. So like...making two boards makes it easier for people to know which is applied and which is declined. Or...just simply lock the declined ones and keep the applied ones open, instead of making two different boards? :p

Arantor

Eh, why lock declined ones? Surely it would be better to lock the approved ones and leave the declined ones for debate?

Though this still doesn't include the swathes of all ones that were just moved, regardless of being solved or not.

Mstcool

Well, I guess you can leave the moved ones as they are and start with the new ones? Well, either way, lock either approve or decline so its easier for people to know which ones are approved and which ones are declined, don't you think? :p

Arantor

Or how about we just ignore it and move on with our day?

Arantor

Advertisement: