News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

HTML question

Started by sarahwhite42, July 29, 2014, 01:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahwhite42

we're on 2.0.8

is there any way to allow one specific membergroup to be able to do full html while still restricting the others?  The only mod i found was for 1.something

Arantor

Admins can already do it. Any other group doing it is automatically a security risk.

What exactly were you hoping to be able to allow another group to post? Could a bbcode instead perform the job?

sarahwhite42

we have one member we trust completely, but she would prefer to be a "ghost admin" (our group for our subaccounts on the admins' main accounts so they don't show in the admin list) rather than a full on admin.  One of our forums is heavily html coded (set up by admin) and we'd like to allow her to edit that coding without having to make her a full fledged admin.  and no bbcode can not handle the job.

we only want to allow that one specific membergroup permission to use full html

Sir Osis of Liver

If I understand your request correctly, you can do a minor edit in Load.php that will give the member full admin permissions regardless of which group she's in.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

sarahwhite42

but no easy way to do it for the group?

and i'm not super familiar with .php so i'm not sure what i need to edit.

the member does not want to show up as an admin.  so we were planning on giving her the rank my co-admin's sub accounts have.  it would be easier if that one group could do html.

Sir Osis of Liver

Actually, it's a hack that's occasionally been used maliciously on some forums, but's it's harmless to use on your own since you'll know it's there.  Could probably be done for a group, I'll have to try it.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, it works.  Anyone in the selected group will have admin permissions, but their admin status will not be visible to members.  Be very careful who you put in that group.  I'll pm the code.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: