News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Reseller

Started by Diego Andrés, July 30, 2014, 11:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterwaalker

Quote from: peterwaalker on October 25, 2015, 04:49:19 PM
Please how do i edit my theme software to make something like what i attached below.
Thank you!

@Daniiel, Margarett and Gluz could you please help me out. Thanks in advance

margarett

Sorry, that's waaaay beyond my theming skillzzzzzz :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Daniiel

Quote from: peterwaalker on November 12, 2015, 12:34:10 PM
Quote from: peterwaalker on October 25, 2015, 04:49:19 PM
Please how do i edit my theme software to make something like what i attached below.
Thank you!

@Daniiel, Margarett and Gluz could you please help me out. Thanks in advance
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3235

Gluz

I think peterwaalker want to get the Reply and New Topic Buttons out of the + dropdown, and that is beyond any template edit, the Buttons there are generated in index.template.php in the template_button_strip fucntion, and to pop out just the Reply or the New Topic need a lot more code than just put all the buttons out in the PC view and keep it in the dropdown menú in mobile view.

I can't figure out how to get only that ones out, need some more love testing and get sure it changes according to the permissions.

peterwaalker

Quote from: Gluz on November 12, 2015, 03:06:32 PM
I think peterwaalker want to get the Reply and New Topic Buttons out of the + dropdown, and that is beyond any template edit, the Buttons there are generated in index.template.php in the template_button_strip fucntion, and to pop out just the Reply or the New Topic need a lot more code than just put all the buttons out in the PC view and keep it in the dropdown menú in mobile view.

I can't figure out how to get only that ones out, need some more love testing and get sure it changes according to the permissions.

okay thanks for your support. I will be patient with you.

Gluz

Well, this is a hackish way to do it.

In index.template.php search:
foreach ($button_strip as $key => $value)
{
if (!isset($value['test']) || !empty($context[$value['test']]))
$buttons[] = '
<li><a' . (isset($value['id']) ? ' id="button_strip_' . $value['id'] . '"' : '') . ' class="button_strip_' . $key . (isset($value['active']) ? ' active' : '') . '" href="' . $value['url'] . '"' . (isset($value['custom']) ? ' ' . $value['custom'] : '') . '><span>' . $txt[$value['text']] . '</span></a></li>';
}

and replace with:
$out_button = array();
foreach ($button_strip as $key => $value)
{
if (!isset($value['test']) || !empty($context[$value['test']]))
if ($key == 'new_topic' || $key == 'reply')
$out_button[] = '
<span><a' . (isset($value['id']) ? ' id="button_strip_' . $value['id'] . '"' : '') . ' class="button_strip_' . $key . (isset($value['active']) ? ' active' : '') . '" href="' . $value['url'] . '"' . (isset($value['custom']) ? ' ' . $value['custom'] : '') . '><span>' . $txt[$value['text']] . '</span></a></span>';
else
$buttons[] = '
<li><a' . (isset($value['id']) ? ' id="button_strip_' . $value['id'] . '"' : '') . ' class="button_strip_' . $key . (isset($value['active']) ? ' active' : '') . '" href="' . $value['url'] . '"' . (isset($value['custom']) ? ' ' . $value['custom'] : '') . '><span>' . $txt[$value['text']] . '</span></a></li>';
}

then search:
echo '
<div class="btn-group', !empty($direction) ? ' navbar-' . $direction : '', '"', (empty($buttons) ? ' style="display: none;"' : ''), (!empty($strip_options['id']) ? ' id="' . $strip_options['id'] . '"': ''), '>
<button type="button" class="btn btn-success dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown">
    +
  </button>
<ul class="dropdown-menu" role="menu">',
implode('', $buttons), '
</ul>
</div>';

and replace with:
echo '
<div class="btn-group', !empty($direction) ? ' navbar-' . $direction : '', '"', (empty($buttons) ? ' style="display: none;"' : ''), (!empty($strip_options['id']) ? ' id="' . $strip_options['id'] . '"': ''), '>', implode('', $out_button), '
<button type="button" class="btn btn-success dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown">
    +
  </button>
<ul class="dropdown-menu" role="menu">',
implode('', $buttons), '
</ul>
</div>';

peterwaalker

Ohhhw More Credits @Gluz!!, You have done Excellent. It worked just as i want.
Thank you so much for assisting me.

Is there a way i can box it and highlight the box background to green?

I'm still grateful even if there is no further customization.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I consider this as one of the best responsive themes around, however, if Daniiel allows me, I'd suggest to edit the following:
.poster li.avatar img {width: 100%;} into .poster li.avatar img {max-width: 100%;} otherwise when you see it in mobile view, the avatar expands and stretches horribly over the full page, becoming extremely pixelated and very annoying. It doesn't change anything in other views, except if the user uploaded a minified avatar thumbnail, which is unlikely (and honestly his problem ;D).
I already applied this fix onto 2 customers forum, so I feel I am not alone thinking it this way  ;)

Fixes aside, merry Christmas!
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

gamuss

Thanks for the template. Why the top menu don't work links and styles too?

irishgal1971

Can someone fix the necessary files so the menu works?

Daniiel

Quote from: gamuss on February 08, 2016, 06:03:22 AM
Thanks for the template. Why the top menu don't work links and styles too?
Sorry, my mistake.
Do this:
Index.template.php (Themes/Reseller)
Search:
<a', !empty($button['sub_buttons']) ? ' class="dropdown-toggle" ' : '', 'href="', !empty($button['sub_buttons']) ? '#' : $button['href'], '"', isset($button['target']) ? ' target="' . $button['target'] . '"' : '', '', !empty($button['sub_buttons']) ? ' data-toggle="dropdown"' : '', '>

Replace with:
<a', !empty($button['sub_buttons']) ? ' class="dropdown-toggle" ' : '', ' href="', !empty($button['sub_buttons']) ? '#' : $button['href'], '"', isset($button['target']) ? ' target="' . $button['target'] . '"' : '', '', !empty($button['sub_buttons']) ? ' data-toggle="dropdown"' : '', '>

irishgal1971

I've tried the tweak in the last post and I still can't get the menu to work...Can someone please make the needed fixes to make the menu work fully.

irishgal1971

I got it fixed! I downloaded the theme file from the smftricks site and overrode the files and the menu works.

arcsales

Did anyone manage to fix the problem with all dropdown menus at the theme after activating ssl?
I've seen an other question here but no one answer it yet.
Its strange....is it possible the link which call the css to be involved and always pointing to http?

arcsales

Quote from: arcsales on March 01, 2016, 02:39:25 AM
Did anyone manage to fix the problem with all dropdown menus at the theme after activating ssl?
I've seen an other question here but no one answer it yet.
Its strange....is it possible the link which call the css to be involved and always pointing to http?

I found a solution.I'll post it here if someone else run into it.
So when you move to ssl that means your basic URL is changing from http to https.
Some links in theme are pointing directly to http because no one was thinking if their users might use ssl.
What i did is to locate all the links pointing to http in the theme files and change them to https.
1st you must access admin panel and give the smf script the right theme directory by going to Configuration/Current Theme and fix the theme path to point to https.
Then connect to your server via FTP or login to your cPanel directly and locate file: Themes/Reseller/index.template.php
Use your browser search or scroll manually to find all http links and transform to https.
Save the file and you are ready.

I dont remember but my dropdown menus are now being open on click event.I think they were dropping down on hover...however this can be fixed in your theme css.

Kardamilas

Goodevening,i had for many days the zoom problem that others are facing like

Quote from: -Captain Ghost- on August 01, 2014, 02:14:15 AM
There is a problem that theme is not resizing according to mobile screen size and one more problem that there is a Spanish text when you click login below password box.

My phone Lumia 520

See screen shots.

Thanks

Edit:
I had observed the code which is causing problem
It is a code in portal.css of simpleportal
Here it is body
{
min-width: 750px;
}

i had modified it to body
{
min-width: device-width;
}

I did the solution that is given but my right blocks and the main forum are squeezing each other like the picture below.

I would like my forum on mobile devices looks like that

Any idea??

TGLG

This is the best theme I've ever seen. Its beautiful, elegant, refined, gorgeous, well designed, compatible and easy to use.

I have one issue though, the avatar images are all blurry. If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it thanks!

For reference I have my site set up at hxxp:forum.christoenzo.com [nonactive]

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Kardamilas on March 09, 2016, 02:46:30 PM

There is a problem that theme is not resizing according to mobile screen size and one more problem that there is a Spanish text when you click login below password box.

My phone Lumia 520

See screen shots.

Thanks

Edit:
Here it is body
{
}

{
}

I did the solution that is given but my right blocks and the main forum are squeezing each other like the picture below.

Any idea??

I would remove the sidebar on mobiles. Simple Portals website has instructions to do this.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on December 24, 2015, 09:56:43 AM
I consider this as one of the best responsive themes around, however, if Daniiel allows me, I'd suggest to edit the following:
.poster li.avatar img {width: 100%;} into .poster li.avatar img {max-width: 100%;} otherwise when you see it in mobile view, the avatar expands and stretches horribly over the full page, becoming extremely pixelated and very annoying. It doesn't change anything in other views, except if the user uploaded a minified avatar thumbnail, which is unlikely (and honestly his problem ;D).
I already applied this fix onto 2 customers forum, so I feel I am not alone thinking it this way  ;)

Fixes aside, merry Christmas!
Bump? :/
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kardamilas

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on March 11, 2016, 04:01:09 AM
Quote from: Kardamilas on March 09, 2016, 02:46:30 PM

My phone Lumia 520

See screen shots.

Thanks

Edit:
Here it is body
{
}

{
}

Any idea??

I would remove the sidebar on mobiles. Simple Portals website has instructions to do this.

I have done that 3 days ago but the view of the forum wasnt correct.I ll do it again and i ll post a picture.

Advertisement: