News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Only registered members are allowed to access this section. Please login below o

Started by ephihal, July 30, 2014, 03:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ephihal

Hi! Whenever I try to install a modifications i get loggd out and erro "Only registered members are allowed to access this section.
Please login below or register an account " I dont understand why this is happening. O_o?? Forum version: SMF 2.0.8

hebron

Quote from: ephihal on July 30, 2014, 03:16:41 PM
Hi! Whenever I try to install a modifications i get loggd out and erro "Only registered members are allowed to access this section.
Please login below or register an account " I dont understand why this is happening. O_o?? Forum version: SMF 2.0.8
Try clearing your browsers cookies and cache, and the site cache under the Admin -> Maintenance menu.

ephihal

Quote from: hebron on July 30, 2014, 04:29:47 PM
Quote from: ephihal on July 30, 2014, 03:16:41 PM
Try clearing your browsers cookies and cache, and the site cache under the Admin -> Maintenance menu.
ok so i cleared my web cookies and chace, still the same problem. And what do you mean when you say site cahce ? where can i finde that??

hebron

The the administrator panel, under Maintenance, Routine, at the bottom of the page. But I doubt it will make any difference. You can also try running the "Find and repair errors" feature while you are at it. It's located on the same page.

ephihal

Quote from: hebron on July 30, 2014, 04:41:34 PM
The the administrator panel, under Maintenance, Routine, at the bottom of the page. But I doubt it will make any difference. You can also try running the "Find and repair errors" feature while you are at it. It's located on the same page.
Found it now.

Kindred

why k@? This is not normally one of the symptoms of mod_security...

this is usually due to configured cookies or sessions
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Yes, we have. We have seen many strange things caused by mod_security although it is a very strange configuration involving non-standard rules and conflicting with certain rewrites.

ephihal

Quote from: K@ on July 30, 2014, 04:42:00 PM
I have a feeling that you might need to contact your host, for the reasons described, here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=499374.0
What should i say to my host?? i dont understand.

kat

Just ask them to disable mod_security and to make sure that you have full CHOWN ownership of the files on your site.

That link explains, which is why I put it there...

Advertisement: